1 - 2 Hours
One Per Person
At Your Own Pace
Welcome to the Washington DC Trivia Tour for kids
Embark on a trivia tour through the most famous landmarks of America’s capital city! See the White House, the Washington Monument, the Lincoln Memorial, and much more, all while discovering the rich history behind Washington, D.C. This is a great way for kids to know more about our history!
About the Trivia Tour
This walking tour of Washington, D.C. begins next to Pershing Park, right across from the White House south lawn. From here, you’ll make your way to the White House itself, where you can admire the seat of American power and learn some fascinating tidbits about its construction. Did you know the entire East Wing was built as a distraction?
From here, you’ll head south toward Constitution Gardens and pick up some insight into D.C.’s complicated history along the way. Through the gardens, you’ll find what was once the city’s most controversial monument: The Vietnam Veterans Memorial.
Next, you’ll head to the Lincoln Memorial, one of the most iconic memorials in D.C.
The Korean War Veterans Memorial is next, where you’ll hear about the fraught political struggle which wracked the White House during this bloody conflict. As you continue east, you’ll be filled in on the aftermath of the War of 1812, and how D.C. grew into what it is today.
The next monument you’ll arrive at will be the Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial, honoring the nation’s most revered civil rights leader. Then you’ll cross the Kutz Bridge and learn why the Potomac River is so significant to this city’s history. From this bridge, you’ll also be able to see the impressive Thomas Jefferson Memorial.
Then, you’ll reach the National Mall, which you’ve definitely seen on TV plenty of times. Here’s where you’ll get an up-close look at the Washington Monument, and learn the history of George Washington’s connection to this important city.
If you like museums, the next stretch of the tour is absolutely for you. Along this route, you’ll pass the National Museum of African American History and Culture, the Smithsonian National Museum of American History, the Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History, and the National Gallery of Art. There’s a reason D.C. is known as the number one place to go for museums!
On the final leg of the tour, you’ll arrive at three of the most crucial buildings in the city: The Library of Congress, the Capitol Building, and the Supreme Court of the United States. The tour will conclude here, amid these three awe-inspiring structures.
Starting Point Address
How does it work?
- Once you book a tour, you’ll get a text/email with instructions.
- Download the app (while in good wifi/signal) and use your unique password to access your tours.
- To begin touring, go to the starting point and launch the app.
- The audio starts automatically once you reach the starting point. Stick to the tour route & speed limit for the best experience.
- Please note that no one will meet you at the starting point.
Preview the Tour
Constitution Gardens Audio Story
George Washington Statue Audio Story
Lincoln Memorial Audio Story
On average, the tour takes around 2-3 hours, but participants can explore at their own pace.
Yes, the tour is designed for kids and families, making it suitable for various age groups.
Yes, the tour guide is experienced in providing child-friendly content and engagement to make the tour educational and enjoyable for kids.
The tour may have multiple starting times during the day. You can check with the tour organizer for the schedule and choose a time that suits your family.
Yes, there are public restroom facilities available at some of the tour stops, such as museums and memorials.
Yes, participants are generally allowed to take photos for personal use.
While some stops are accessible, some historical sites may have limited accessibility.
There’s no dress code, but comfortable clothing and walking shoes are recommended.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- App on your phone: A link to download the Action Tour Guide App and Password for your tours.
- Flexible schedule: Use any day, any time. Travel over multiple days or on next trip. Never expires.
- Easy to use: Stories play automatically by GPS. Hands-free. Get HELP all day: Call, Chat, or Email.
- At your own pace: No group. Take breaks for photos/ snacks/hikes. Go at your own pace.
- Offline use: No cell signal or wifi required. Offline GPS Map & route. Stop-to-stop direction.
- Don’t miss a thing: Full itinerary, travel tips, professionally narrated videos, text, and hidden gems.
- Transportation, parking fees, food, and drinks.
- Entry tickets or reservations to any attractions along the route.
- Car Rental: Please arrange a rental car at the closest airport or train station.