2 - 3 Hours
One Per Car
At Your Own Pace
Welcome to the Icefields Parkway Tour
Explore the Icefield Parkway, a jewel of the Canadian Rockies. From the captivating Jasper SkyTram views to the serene Wabasso Lake, embark on a journey through nature’s wonders and rich history. Dive into indigenous tales, spot diverse wildlife, and end your adventure at the picturesque Lake Louise. A tapestry of beauty and heritage awaits!
About the Tour
The tour commences at the breathtaking Jasper SkyTram. As you ascend, get a bird’s-eye view of the vast landscape unfolding on this journey. The tour guide will regale you with tales of ancient glaciers that carved this realm and the persistence of nature evident in the resilient flora and fauna.
Moving onward, feel the ancient whispers of the land in the Valley of the Five Lakes Trailhead. The lakes, each with unique hue, hold stories from when glaciers ruled this territory. At Athabasca Falls, you’ll be introduced to the relentless power of water, sculpting the rocks for centuries.
History enthusiasts will revel in tales of the Parkway’s construction. How did man dare to pave a path amidst such imposing mountains and unpredictable weather? You’ll know. The narrative delves deeper into the indigenous legacies, spotlighting the Stoney-Nakoda tales and their integral connection to these mountains.
Your next stops include the serene settings of Wabasso Lake and Horseshoe Lake. Here, nature isn’t just observed, it’s felt. The audio guide will share details about the surrounding ecosystem, from the tiniest wildflower to the majestic elk.
As the drive winds through Goats & Glacier Lookout, the intertwining of wildlife and geography becomes evident. The sight of a mountain goat navigating the rugged terrain symbolizes the Rockies’ spirit – untamed and unyielding.
Your cultural immersion deepens with tales of early adventurers, their affairs, trials, and tribulations. They were magnetized to this land, much like you are now. Understand the crucial role of the Canadian Pacific Railway in bridging vast distances and making the impassable accessible.
Soon, the Columbia Icefield Skywalk awaits. This glass-floored observation deck offers views that are not for the faint-hearted but are undeniably unforgettable. With the glaciers beneath your feet, time seems to stand still.
Cruising on Peyto Lake, with its wolf-head shape and mesmerizing turquoise hue, offers a perfect spot for contemplation. But don’t linger too long, as the historical tales of Hollywood’s forays into the Rockies beckon.
The crescendo of your journey is the picturesque Lake Louise. Here, the reflections of the mountains on the pristine water act as a mirror to the soul, a reminder of the eternal beauty of nature and the stories it holds.
As your tour concludes, you’ll carry with you memories of awe-inspiring landscapes and tales of a land where every rock, river, and ridge has a story waiting to be told. This isn’t just a tour; it’s a deep dive into the soul of the Canadian Rockies.
Where to start?
How does it work?
- Once you book a tour, you’ll get a text/email with instructions.
- Download the app (while in good wifi/signal) and use your unique password to access your tours.
- To begin touring, go to the starting point and launch the app.
- The audio starts automatically once you reach the starting point. Stick to the tour route & speed limit for the best experience.
- Please note that no one will meet you at the starting point.
Preview The Tour
The Icefields Parkway is a scenic highway in the Canadian Rockies. The tour begins at the Jasper SkyTram, where you’ll get a bird’s-eye view of the landscape.
Visitors will encounter five lakes, each with a unique hue, and learn about the ancient glaciers that once shaped this area.
Athabasca Falls showcases the relentless power of water and how it has sculpted rocks over centuries.
The tour delves into indigenous legacies, particularly the Stoney-Nakoda tales, and their deep connection to the mountains of the Canadian Rockies.
Wabasso Lake and Horseshoe Lake are visited on the tour. The audio guide provides details about the surrounding ecosystem and wildlife.
The Goats & Glacier Lookout symbolizes the untamed and unyielding spirit of the Rockies, as seen in mountain goats navigating rugged terrain.
The tour discusses the construction of the Icefields Parkway, early adventurers, and the role of the Canadian Pacific Railway in making this remote area accessible.
The Columbia Icefield Skywalk is a glass-floored observation deck with breathtaking views of glaciers. It offers an unforgettable but thrilling experience.
Peyto Lake is known for its wolf-head shape and mesmerizing turquoise hue, providing a picturesque spot for contemplation.
Lake Louise is the tour’s crescendo, a place where the reflections of the mountains on its pristine water act as a mirror to the soul, symbolizing the eternal beauty of nature and the stories it holds.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- App on your phone: A link to download the Action Tour Guide App and Password for your tours.
- Flexible schedule: Use any day, any time. Travel over multiple days or on next trip. Never expires.
- Easy to use: Stories play automatically by GPS. Hands-free. Get HELP all day: Call, Chat, or Email.
- At your own pace: No group. Take breaks for photos/ snacks/hikes. Go at your own pace.
- Offline use: No cell signal or wifi required. Offline GPS Map & route. Stop-to-stop direction.
- Don’t miss a thing: Full itinerary, travel tips, professionally narrated videos, text, and hidden gems.
- Transportation, parking fees, food, and drinks.
- Entry tickets or reservations to any attractions along the route.
- Car Rental: Please arrange a rental car at the closest airport or train station.