One Per Person
Welcome to the National Museum of American Illustration Tour
The National Museum of American Illustration (NMAI), founded in 1998, is the first national museum to be devoted exclusively to American illustration artwork.The museum’s collection contains over 2,000 original works by noted American illustrators such as Norman Rockwell, Maxfield Parrish, J. C. Leyendecker, N.C. Wyeth, and others. NMAI is located on Newport, Rhode Island’s historic Bellevue Avenue in the mansion Vernon Court.
Enhance your visit to the National Museum of American Illustration by downloading our tour app on your smart device. The app tour includes discussions of key illustrations by Museum Co-Founder Judy Goffman Cutler and biographies of all illustrators on display on the main floor. It also has an introduction to each gallery on the main floor of Vernon Court. You can even view gallery floor plans and read the transcript of the audio tour.
How does it work?
- Download the Action Tour Guide app (while in good wifi/signal) to access your tours.
- Follow the audio guide for the best experience.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- App on your phone: Download the Action Tour Guide App to access your tours.
- Flexible schedule: Use any day, any time. Never expires.
- At your own pace: No group. Take breaks for photos or snacks. Go at your own pace.
- Offline use: No cell signal or wifi required.
- Don’t miss a thing: Full itinerary, travel tips, professionally narrated audios, text, and hidden gems.
- Transportation, parking fees, food, and drinks.
- Entry tickets or reservations.