One Per Person
Welcome to the Wadsworth – Longfellow House Tour
Founded in 1822, the Maine Historical Society is the third oldest state historical society in the United States. Located in downtown Portland, much of our one–acre campus including the Maine History Society Museum and Store and the Brown Research Library, is open year-round. Our Wadsworth-Longfellow House, the childhood home of famed poet Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, and Longfellow Garden are open May through October. The Maine Historical Society strives to serve the entire state through its programs and the digital museum, the Maine Memory Network.
Enhance your visit to the historic Wadsworth-Longfellow House by downloading our tour app on your smart device. The app tour includes descriptions and brief histories of each room in the house, as well as quotes from family members and select Longfellow poems. You can also view the house floor plan and read the transcript of the audio tour. To learn more about Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, and view a list of all of his published work, visit www.hwlongfellow.org.
How does it work?
- Download the Action Tour Guide app (while in good wifi/signal) to access your tours.
- Follow the audio guide for the best experience.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- App on your phone: Download the Action Tour Guide App to access your tours.
- Flexible schedule: Use any day, any time. Never expires.
- At your own pace: No group. Take breaks for photos or snacks. Go at your own pace.
- Offline use: No cell signal or wifi required.
- Don’t miss a thing: Full itinerary, travel tips, professionally narrated audios, text, and hidden gems.
- Transportation, parking fees, food, and drinks.
- Entry tickets or reservations.