7 - 8 Hours
One Per Car
At Your Own Pace
Welcome to the Gettysburg Auto Tour 36 hours bundle
Welcome to the narrated self-driving tour of the Battle of Gettysburg, the most crucial battle of the Civil War! Here, Union forces staged a nearly impossible defense against Confederate attackers and won! Drive in the footsteps of Civil War soldiers, re-live the battle strategies of the key Gettysburg generals, and embark on an adventure that brings this historic three-day battle to life. This self-guided Gettysburg auto tour lets you explore its historical wonders with maximum flexibility, safety, and value. This tour also includes admission for two to Gettysburg Heritage Center Museum and Movie. (Please show the order confirmation email at the Heritage Center to avail tickets).
Gettysburg Self-Guided Tour
Explore this historic battle on the Gettysburg Self-Guided tour! From the famous battle at Little Roundtop to the final stand against Pickett’s Charge to President Lincoln’s stirring Gettysburg Address, see everything that makes this ground hallowed. This Ultimate Gettysburg Self-Guided tour bundle includes our 5-star Gettysburg Battlefield Auto Tour (a best seller), the spooky Self-Guided Gettysburg Ghost Tour, and two brand-new walking tours of the battlefield’s famous Devil’s Den and Seminary Ridge battle sites.
Gettysburg Ghost Tour
The Battle of Gettysburg was horrific. Soldiers teetered on the threshold between this world and whatever came after. Centuries later, long after the battle, their stories continue. On this Gettysburg Ghost Tour, you will journey to sites on the battlefield where mysterious and unexplainable happenings occur. These are the true stories of eerie encounters experienced by visitors to the battlefield. This self-guided audio tour is narrated by Mark Nesbitt, author of Ghosts of Gettysburg.
How do I get started?
Click on the buy button to book. You’ll receive an email with steps to redeem the tour passwords in our tour app.
Where does my tour begin?
Starting Point Address: Gettysburg Heritage Center Parking Lot at 1 Culp Street. Culp St Gettysburg, PA 17325
Park Services has closed Devil’s Den, Little Round Top, and Wheatfield for a few months. So, you will not be able to visit them in person. But, you will still be able to hear their stories on the detour route. Click here for park services detour info.
How does it work?
- Once you book a tour, you’ll get a text/email with instructions.
- Download the app (while in good wifi/signal) and use your unique password to access your tours.
- To begin touring, go to the starting point and launch the app.
- The audio starts automatically once you reach the starting point. Stick to the tour route & speed limit for the best experience.
- Please note that no one will meet you at the starting point.
Preview the Tour
Welcome Audio Story
The Civil War & Battle of Gettysburg Audio Story
Inclusions and Exclusions
- App on your phone: A link to download the Action Tour Guide App and Password for your tours.
- Flexible schedule: Use any day, any time. Travel over multiple days or on next trip. Never expires.
- Easy to use: Stories play automatically by GPS. Hands-free. Get HELP all day: Call, Chat, or Email.
- At your own pace: No group. Take breaks for photos/ snacks/hikes. Go at your own pace.
- Offline use: No cell signal or wifi required. Offline GPS Map & route. Stop-to-stop direction.
- Don’t miss a thing: Full itinerary, travel tips, professionally narrated videos, text, and hidden gems.
- Transportation, parking fees, food, and drinks.
- Entry tickets or reservations to any attractions along the route.
- Car Rental: Please arrange a rental car at the closest airport or train station.