Driving / Walking
Each Tour 2 - 3 Hours
One Per Person
Per Tour 20+ Miles
Per Tour 35+
At Your Own Pace
Welcome to the Full Mount Desert Island Tour
Experience beautiful, historic Maine with this combo of Mount Desert Island, Acadia, Bar Harbor and Ocean Path Trailhead tours. Drive through the untouched wilderness of Acadia and learn the legends of the Native tribes who called that land home. Then stroll along the oceanside as you dive into Bar Harbor’s surprising Gilded Age history. These tours offer the perfect combination of natural beauty and rich culture to get the most out of your visit to this incredible state.
We are proud to be a part of the official Maine Tourism Association!
About the Acadia Tour
Experience beautiful, historic Maine with this combo of Acadia and Bar Harbor tours. Drive through the untouched wilderness of Acadia and learn the legends of the Native tribes who called that land home. Then stroll along the oceanside as you dive into Bar Harbor’s surprising Gilded Age history. These tours offer the perfect combination of natural beauty and rich culture to get the most out of your visit to this incredible state.
About the Acadia Mount Desert
Take a scenic trip across Acadia Mount Desert. Enjoy coastal and Rocky Shoreline views and learn about the Maliseet, Wabanaki, and Glooskap. Explore Charlotte Rhoades Park’s lush vegetation, glacial relics, and George Dorr and the Rusticators’ tales. Taste Acadian food, see marine life, and relax at Little Long Pond. Celebrate Bass Harbor’s rich heritage.
About the Bar Harbor Tour
Return to the extravagance of the Gilded Age in Bar Harbor, Maine. Once the vacation destination of choice among some of America’s wealthiest families, this quaint seaside town is still chock full of lavish historic architecture. Dive into Bar Harbor’s rich history, stroll alongside the ocean, and learn how the lobster became a Maine icon!
About the Ocean Path Tour (Bonus Tour)
Experience Acadia National Park’s scenic Ocean Path with this self-guided walking tour. Look out for the variety of marine wildlife. See the breathtaking foliage and uncover the booming Thunder Hole. Hear stories of shipwrecks and devastating fires. Finally, take in the views from scenic Otter Point Outlook.
Dive Deeper into Maine’s Treasures with our Bundle
With pre-planned routes and key attractions, you’ll save time and create memories at your pace. Make the most of your time in Maine with our Self-Guided Driving & Walking Bundle of Maine Tours.
Upgrade to Action+
For $99.99, you can upgrade to Action+ Annual Unlimited Subscription with 100+ tours. Use the tours as often as you like during your one-year subscription period. You also get free access to any new tours that come out during the time you are subscribed.
How does it work?
- Once you book a tour, you’ll get a text/email with instructions.
- Download the app (while in good wifi/signal) and use your unique password to access your tours.
- To begin touring, go to the starting point and launch the app.
- The audio starts automatically once you reach the starting point. Stick to the tour route & speed limit for the best experience.
- Please note that no one will meet you at the starting point.
Preview the Tour
Acadia - Welcome Audio Story
Bar Harbor - Sand Beach Audio Story
Bar Harbor - Holy Redeemer Catholic Church Audio Story
Bar Harbor - Shore Path Audio Story
Bar Harbor - Balance Rock Audio Story
Inclusions and Exclusions
- App on your phone: A link to download the Action Tour Guide App and Password for your tours.
- Flexible schedule: Use any day, any time. Travel over multiple days or on next trip. Never expires.
- Easy to use: Stories play automatically by GPS. Hands-free. Get HELP all day: Call, Chat, or Email.
- At your own pace: No group. Take breaks for photos/ snacks/hikes. Go at your own pace.
- Offline use: No cell signal or wifi required. Offline GPS Map & route. Stop-to-stop direction.
- Don’t miss a thing: Full itinerary, travel tips, professionally narrated videos, text, and hidden gems.
- Transportation, parking fees, food, and drinks.
- Entry tickets or reservations to any attractions along the route.
- Car Rental: Please arrange a rental car at the closest airport or train station.