1 - 2 Hours
One Per Person
At Your Own Pace
Welcome to the Chinatown & Golden Buddha Tour (Wat Traimit Tour)
Welcome to Wat Traimit’s professionally-narrated walking tour! Bangkok’s Chinatown is key to every visitor’s Thailand experience. Explore the city’s famous street food on Yaowarat Road, Michelin-starred food stalls, and the strange delectables of Sampeng Lane with this walking tour. Also, visit Chinatown’s Wat Traimit, the Temple of the Golden Buddha, which contains an actual, literal, golden Buddha statue!
About the Tour
Welcome to Wat Traimit’s professionally-narrated walking tour! The Wat Traimit temple in the Chinatown area of Bangkok is a Royal temple famous for the enormous gold Buddha image it houses.
This self-guided audio tour allows you to explore the Wat Traimit with maximum flexibility and value. You begin the tour of bustling Bangkok at the Wat Traimit, the Temple of Golden Buddha. The Golden Buddha is also the world’s largest gold statue, which contains an actual, literal. Be sure to download the Action Tour Guide app beforehand (check your email for the link) so that you can start walking as soon as you arrive. Enter the famous Wat Traimit, or Temple of Golden Buddha, follow the instructions of the app-based tour, and hear all about the stories and history of Buddism, the Chinatown Gate, and Delicious food at Yaowarat Road
Bangkok’s Chinatown is key to every visitor’s Thailand experience. Chinatown’s Wat Traimit, the Temple of the Golden Buddha, contains a 5-ton Buddha statue made of solid gold.
You’ll walk into the Temple of the Golden Buddha, explore the Chinses looking structure of Wat Mangkon Kamalawat, the Chinatown Gate, stories and history of Buddism, and beautiful adornments, all while hearing from the tour. Secondly, explore the city’s street food, some fantastic and delicious food at Yaowarat Road, Michelin-starred food stalls. As your tour wraps up, you’ll end with the strange delectables of Sampeng Lane with this walking tour of Bangkok.
How does it work?
- Once you book a tour, you’ll get a text/email with instructions.
- Download the app (while in good wifi/signal) and use your unique password to access your tours.
- To begin touring, go to the starting point and launch the app.
- The audio starts automatically once you reach the starting point. Stick to the tour route & speed limit for the best experience.
- Please note that no one will meet you at the starting point.
What You'll See
The Golden Buddha
Yaowarat Road Street Food
Wat Mangkon Kamalawat
Food at Sampeng Lane
Preview the Tour
Welcome Audio Story
The Golden Buddha Audio Story
Wat Traimit is a Royal temple known for housing the world’s largest gold Buddha statue.
The Golden Buddha statue at Wat Traimit weighs approximately 5 tons and is made of solid gold.
Yes, visitors are typically allowed to take photographs of the Golden Buddha.
The tour provides insights into the history and stories surrounding Buddhism and the Golden Buddha.
The Chinatown Gate is a notable landmark in Chinatown, and the tour likely covers its history and significance.
Visitors can expect to discover a wide variety of street food, including Michelin-starred food stalls.
Visitors should check for current admission fees, as they may apply.
Visitors should dress modestly when entering temples in Thailand, covering shoulders, knees, and cleavage.
The tour may provide information about the unique and unusual offerings found at Sampeng Lane.
The duration of the self-guided tour can vary, but most visitors spend a few hours exploring the temple and enjoying the street food in Chinatown.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- App on your phone: A link to download the Action Tour Guide App and Password for your tours.
- Flexible schedule: Use any day, any time. Travel over multiple days or on next trip. Never expires.
- Easy to use: Stories play automatically by GPS. Hands-free. Get HELP all day: Call, Chat, or Email.
- At your own pace: No group. Take breaks for photos/ snacks/hikes. Go at your own pace.
- Offline use: No cell signal or wifi required. Offline GPS Map & route. Stop-to-stop direction.
- Don’t miss a thing: Full itinerary, travel tips, professionally narrated videos, text, and hidden gems.
- Transportation, parking fees, food, and drinks.
- Entry tickets or reservations to any attractions along the route.
- Car Rental: Please arrange a rental car at the closest airport or train station.