Per Tour 2 - 3 Hours
One Per Car
Per Tour 10+ Miles
Per Tour 40+
At Your Own Pace
Welcome to the Civil War Tours Bundle
Embark on an unforgettable journey through America’s rich history with our Self-Guided Driving Bundle of Civil War Tours. Know all about the hallowed grounds that shaped America. The bundle includes the following battlefields:
About the Yorktown Battlefield Tour
From the scenic waterfront to the battlefields where American independence was won, Yorktown is a town where history lives. Along the drive, you’ll see 18th-century homes, historic battlefields, and charming streetscapes. Immerse yourself in stories of the Revolutionary War, perseverance, and the enduring spirit of the American people.
About the Shiloh Battlefield Tour
Return to the site of one of the Civil War’s first major battles with this self-guided driving tour of Shiloh National Military Park! Get to know familiar figures like General Sherman before they became the seasoned veterans they are remembered as. Visit the Hornet’s Nest and Grant’s Last Line as you relive the chaos of battle with blow-by-blow narration. Discover why a single bullet fired at Shiloh may have changed the course of the entire war.
About the Antietam National Battlefield Tour
Explore and understand the Antietam Battlefield with this self-guided driving tour. See where Union and Confederate lines clashed, over and over, in a desperate struggle to maintain control. Feel the poignancy of the sacrifices made on the single bloodiest day in American history during the Civil War.
About the Vicksburg Battlefield Tour
Bring history to life with this self-guided driving tour of the Vicksburg Battlefield, where Union and Confederate forces fought for control of the Mississippi River. Explore the battlefield and its powerful memorials as you hear about General Grant’s march on Vicksburg, the Confederate resistance, and the bloody Siege of Vicksburg itself. Revisit tales of bravery, strategy, and grit with dramatic blow-by-blow accounts of the struggle and its nation-altering aftermath.
About the Gettysburg Battlefield Tour
Here, Union forces staged a nearly impossible defense against Confederate attackers–and won! Walk in the footsteps of Civil War soldiers, re-live the battle strategies of the key generals, and embark on an adventure that brings this historic three-day battle to life on your Gettysburg auto tour. Also, get access to essential Gettysburg experiences, including Devil’s Den, Seminary ridge and Pickett’s Charge.
Plus, Enjoy the Bonus Tour of Ghosts of Gettysburg and Ghosts of Fredericksburg.
How does it work?
- Once you book a tour, you’ll get a text/email with instructions.
- Download the app (while in good wifi/signal) and use your unique password to access your tours.
- To begin touring, go to the starting point and launch the app.
- The audio starts automatically once you reach the starting point. Stick to the tour route & speed limit for the best experience.
- Please note that no one will meet you at the starting point.
Preview The Tour
Inclusions and Exclusions
- App on your phone: A link to download the Action Tour Guide App and Password for your tours.
- Flexible schedule: Use any day, any time. Travel over multiple days or on your next trip within 1 year of your purchase.
- Easy to use: Stories play automatically by GPS. Hands-free. Get HELP all day: Call, Chat, or Email.
- At your own pace: No group. Take breaks for photos/ snacks/hikes. Go at your own pace.
- Offline use: No cell signal or wifi required. Offline GPS Map & route. Stop-to-stop direction.
- Don’t miss a thing: Full itinerary, travel tips, professionally narrated videos, text, and hidden gems.
- Transportation, parking fees, food, and drinks.
- Entry tickets or reservations to any attractions along the route.
- Car Rental: Please arrange a rental car at the closest airport or train station.