1 - 2 Hours
One Per Person
At Your Own Pace
Welcome to the Grand Palace Tour Bangkok
This mobile app is the ONLY guide for the INSIDE of Bangkok’s Grand Palace tour. It’s a book, a guide, a map, and an audio-visual player – all wrapped up in one app!
About the Tour
This self-guided audio tour allows you to explore the Grand Palace with maximum flexibility and value. You begin the tour in the heart of bustling Bangkok, at the Grand Palace gates. The Palace is also Thailand’s most sacred Buddhist temple site, which the Thai people hold close to their hearts. Be sure to download the Action Tour Guide app beforehand (check your email for the link) so that you can start walking as soon as you arrive. Enter the spacious grounds of the Grand Palace, follow the instructions of the app-based tour, and hear all about the long history of the Palace, the battles of kings, and the mysteries of the Emerald Buddha.
The tour follows a set route through the grounds. The grounds are divided into several quarters: the Temple of the Emerald Buddha; the Outer Court, with many public buildings; the Middle Court, including the Phra Maha Monthien Buildings, the Phra Maha Prasat Buildings, and the Chakri Maha Prasat Buildings; the Inner Court and the Siwalai Gardens quarter. You’ll walk into the Temple of the Emerald Buddha, explore the palace grounds, and admire the murals of the Ramakien outside, all while hearing from the tour. As your tour wraps up, you’ll end by the gates again and have discovered the profound significance of this royal and religious site.
Starting Point Address: The Grand Palace, Phra Borom Maha Ratchawang, Phra Nakhon, Bangkok 10200, Thailand
How does it work?
- Once you book a tour, you’ll get a text/email with instructions.
- Download the app (while in good wifi/signal) and use your unique password to access your tours.
- To begin touring, go to the starting point and launch the app.
- The audio starts automatically once you reach the starting point. Stick to the tour route & speed limit for the best experience.
- Please note that no one will meet you at the starting point.
What You'll See
Guardians of the Wat Phra Kaew
Temple of the Emerald Buddha
The Emerald Buddha
External Walls of the Ubosot.
Phra Si Ratana Chedi (Golden Chedi)
Phra Mondop (The Library)
Prasat Phra Thep Bidorn (The Royal Pantheon)
Model of Angkor Wat
Hor Phra Naga (Royal Mausoleum)
Phra Viharn Yod (The Meeting Room)
Hor Phra Monthian (Scripture Library)
Eight Phra Atsada Maha Chedis
Borom Phiman Mansion (Renaissance residence)
The Phra Maha Monthian Group
Chakri Maha Prasat Group
The Dusit Maha Prasat Group
Palanquin Mounting Platform
Emerald Buddha Museum
Queen Sirikit Museum of Textiles
Preview the Tour
Welcome Audio Story
The Emerald Buddha Audio Story
The Grand Palace in Bangkok is renowned for its stunning architecture, historical significance, and being Thailand’s most sacred Buddhist temple site.
Visitors can enhance their experience by downloading the Action Tour Guide app in advance, which provides a self-guided audio tour with valuable insights about the palace.
The Emerald Buddha is a highly revered and sacred Buddha image housed within the palace, and it plays a central role in Thai culture and religion.
Yes, visitors can explore various sections of the Grand Palace, and the tour follows a designated route that covers key areas within the palace grounds.
The Grand Palace grounds are divided into quarters, including the Temple of the Emerald Buddha, the Outer Court, Middle Court, Inner Court, and Siwalai Gardens quarter.
Visitors should dress modestly, remove their shoes before entering certain areas, and show respect for the sacredness of the site.
Within the Temple of the Emerald Buddha, visitors can view the revered Emerald Buddha statue and experience the temple’s serene atmosphere.
Yes, visitors can take photographs of the stunning architecture and cultural treasures found within the Grand Palace, but there may be restrictions in certain areas.
Early morning visits are often recommended to avoid crowds and experience the Grand Palace in a quieter and cooler atmosphere before the day gets too hot and busy.
Yes, there is an entrance fee to visit the Grand Palace. Visitors can purchase tickets at the entrance or conveniently through the Action Tour Guide app to save time and streamline their experience.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- App on your phone: A link to download the Action Tour Guide App and Password for your tours.
- Flexible schedule: Use any day, any time. Travel over multiple days or on next trip. Never expires.
- Easy to use: Stories play automatically by GPS. Hands-free. Get HELP all day: Call, Chat, or Email.
- At your own pace: No group. Take breaks for photos/ snacks/hikes. Go at your own pace.
- Offline use: No cell signal or wifi required. Offline GPS Map & route. Stop-to-stop direction.
- Don’t miss a thing: Full itinerary, travel tips, professionally narrated videos, text, and hidden gems.
- Transportation, parking fees, food, and drinks.
- Entry tickets or reservations to any attractions along the route.
- Car Rental: Please arrange a rental car at the closest airport or train station.