2 - 3 Hours
One Per Car
At Your Own Pace
Welcome to the Baltimore Tour
Uncover the rich history of one of America’s most storied cities! Home to some of America’s most important historical figures, from Edgar Allan Poe to Frederick Douglass and Babe Ruth, Baltimore is a city that simply can’t be overlooked. This Baltimore tour offers ultimate flexibility – simply choose what you’d like to visit from the list of stops, follow the GPS to your destination, and let our professional narrator tell you everything you need to know!
Hear the dramatic story of Frederick Douglass, from his daring escape from slavery to his rise to prominence as a leading abolitionist and advisor to Abraham Lincoln. Visit the oldest saloon in America, rumored to be the last stop of Edgar Allan Poe before his death. Learn all about the poet’s life and the unsolved mystery surrounding his death.
Plus, watch the riveting events of Britain’s 1814 attack on Baltimore play out at the battle-tested Fort McHenry. This all-out assault by land and by sea threatened to burn the city to the ground–and spurred Francis Scott Key to write “The Star-Spangled Banner.” America wouldn’t be what it is today without Baltimore, and this tour will show you why!
This comprehensive Baltimore tour includes all this and more:
- Baltimore Visitor Center
- USS Constellation
- Mr. Trash Wheel
- National Katyn Memorial
- The “Paris of America”
- Frederick Douglass-Isaac Myers Maritime Park
- The Horse You Came In On Saloon
- Douglass Place
- Fells Point
- Frederick Douglass and Abraham Lincoln
- Site of Poe’s Death
- Reginald F. Lewis Museum
- City Hall
- Washington Monument
- Poe’s Grave and the Poe Toaster
- Edgar Allan Poe House
- H. L. Mencken House
- B&O Railroad Museum
- Babe Ruth Birthplace
- Attack on Baltimore
- Federal Hill Park
- Fort McHenry National Monument
- The Star-Spangled Banner
How does it work?
- Once you book a tour, you’ll get a text/email with instructions.
- Download the app (while in good wifi/signal) and use your unique password to access your tours.
- To begin touring, go to the starting point and launch the app.
- The audio starts automatically once you reach the starting point. Stick to the tour route & speed limit for the best experience.
- Please note that no one will meet you at the starting point.
What You'll See
Baltimore Visitor Center
Parking Near Baltimore Harbor
Seven Foot Knoll Lighthouse
Mr Trash Wheel
Head back To Car
Turn Right on E Pratt Street
Turn Right on President street
National Katyn Memorial
Roundabout Ahead: Fourth Exit
The “Paris of America”
Find Parking on the left
Frederick Douglass-Isaac Myers Maritime Park
The Horse You Came In On Saloon
Frederick Douglass, Women's Rights and Abraham Lincoln
Back to the car
Reginald F. Lewis Museum
Turn Left on East Fayette Street
Baltimore City Hall
Poe's Grave and the Poe Toaster
Preview The Tour
Baltimore is known for its historical significance, including being the birthplace of the Star-Spangled Banner during the War of 1812.
Yes, Baltimore is worth visiting for its diverse cultural attractions, historic sites, and vibrant neighborhoods.
Yes, Baltimore is considered a historic city due to its role in American history, from its involvement in the American Revolution to its maritime heritage.
Baltimore is known for its iconic seafood dishes, with Maryland blue crab and crab cakes being particularly famous.
Baltimore earned the nickname “The Greatest City in America” due to its unique blend of history, culture, and character that resonates with its residents and visitors.
Baltimore is referred to as “Charm City” because of its welcoming atmosphere and friendly residents.
Baltimore has its pros and cons as a place to live, offering a mix of cultural attractions and challenges related to crime and urban development.
Yes, Baltimore is a significant city in terms of population and urban development.
Yes, Baltimore experiences snowfall during the winter months, with varying amounts each year.
Baltimore is renowned for its seafood delicacies, including the famous Maryland crab cake made from crab meat and seasonings.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- App on your phone: A link to download the Action Tour Guide App and Password for your tours.
- Flexible schedule: Use any day, any time. Travel over multiple days or on your next trip within 1 year of your purchase.
- Easy to use: Stories play automatically by GPS. Hands-free. Get HELP all day: Call, Chat, or Email.
- At your own pace: No group. Take breaks for photos/ snacks/hikes. Go at your own pace.
- Offline use: No cell signal or wifi required. Offline GPS Map & route. Stop-to-stop direction.
- Don’t miss a thing: Full itinerary, travel tips, professionally narrated videos, text, and hidden gems.
- Transportation, parking fees, food, and drinks.
- Entry tickets or reservations to any attractions along the route.
- Car Rental: Please arrange a rental car at the closest airport or train station.