2 - 3 Hours
One Per Car
At Your Own Pace
Welcome to the Mesa Verde National Park Tour
Drive through Mesa Verde National Park on this self-guided trip. Start at Montezuma Valley Overlook for great views. Next, visit Far View House to see old Puebloan life. The centerpiece is Cliff Palace, a spectacular cliff house that shows a former civilization. An arduous climb into history concludes at Balcony House. Discover the Ancestral Puebloans’ secrets as you drive through this UNESCO World Heritage site.
About the Tour
Your Mesa Verde adventure begins with the Welcome: Entrance Sign, setting the stage for an immersive journey. Witness the beauty of The Green Table, then learn about The Bircher Fire’s impact on the landscape. Mancos Valley Overlook offers stunning views, a prelude to the fascinating history of The Ancestral Puebloans. Spot The Wild Turkey and other wildlife before reaching Montezuma Valley Overlook, a vista point with breathtaking scenes.
Next, delve into The Cliff Dwellings, where ancient architecture comes alive. Explore Puebloan Culture, then take a Detour to Long House for an in-depth experience. Approaching Far View Reservoir reveals the ingenuity of ancient water systems. Far View House and Coyote Village offer a glimpse into daily life centuries ago. Visit Megalithic House and Far View Tower, learning about ancestral engineering. The dark history of Grave Robbing at Cedar Tree Tower highlights the importance of preservation.
Petroglyph Point Trail leads you to ancient art, while Spruce Tree House showcases remarkable dwellings. Turning Left on Mesa Top Ruins Rd, you’ll encounter more Wildlife. Cliff Palace, a highlight, reveals a complex society’s secrets. House of Many Windows and Hemenway House provide unique insights. Adventurous souls can climb at Balcony House, then unwind at Soda Canyon Overlook Trail.
Creating the Park narrates Mesa Verde’s conservation history. Bear Right at the Fork to discover the Pithouse and breathtaking Navajo Canyon View & Square Tower House. Sun Point Pueblo and Sun Point View offer more stunning vistas. Oak Tree House reflects on The Great Abandonment, and Sun Temple concludes your tour with a ceremonial site, leaving you enriched with the heritage of an ancient civilization.
Where to start?
Tour Starting Address: Mesa Verde National Park Entrance Sign
How does it work?
- Once you book a tour, you’ll get a text/email with instructions.
- Download the app (while in good wifi/signal) and use your unique password to access your tours.
- To begin touring, go to the starting point and launch the app.
- The audio starts automatically once you reach the starting point. Stick to the tour route & speed limit for the best experience.
- Please note that no one will meet you at the starting point.
Preview The Tour
Inclusions and Exclusions
- App on your phone: A link to download the Action Tour Guide App and Password for your tours.
- Flexible schedule: Use any day, any time. Travel over multiple days or on next trip. Never expires.
- Easy to use: Stories play automatically by GPS. Hands-free. Get HELP all day: Call, Chat, or Email.
- At your own pace: No group. Take breaks for photos/ snacks/hikes. Go at your own pace.
- Offline use: No cell signal or wifi required. Offline GPS Map & route. Stop-to-stop direction.
- Don’t miss a thing: Full itinerary, travel tips, professionally narrated videos, text, and hidden gems.
- Transportation, parking fees, food, and drinks.
- Entry tickets or reservations to any attractions along the route.
- Car Rental: Please arrange a rental car at the closest airport or train station.