2 - 3 Hours
One Per Car
At Your Own Pace
Welcome to the Miami City Tour
Find out what makes Miami one of the most vibrant and exciting cities in the world with this self-guided driving tour. Cruise from South Beach to Coconut Grove and discover art deco skyscrapers, lush botanical gardens, and huge artificial islands along the way. Enjoy sun, sand, and surf as you dig into the city’s long history, full of gangsters, greed, and everyday folks looking for a better life. With its rich culture, fabulous food, and best-around beaches, there’s really no place like Miami.
About the Tour
Your tour begins in Miami’s vibrant South Beach neighborhood, adjacent to the Miami Beach Ocean Walk. As you drive, you’ll get a great look at some of South Beach’s famed Art Deco architecture, including the Carlyle and Leslie hotels and the Versace Mansion!
From there, you’ll cruise out across the water, past the artificial but beautiful Venetian Islands. After you hear about the grand plans for those islands that never quite came to fruition, you’ll spot some funky architecture, like the iconic Freedom Tower.
Then, visit the famous Bayside Marketplace, one of the top destinations for shopping and dining in Miami.
Next, you’ll head into Little Havana and get a taste of the Cuban culture that makes Miami, unlike any other city in the country. Plus, find out more about the history of Cubans in Miami, from the first wave of arrivals to the present day.
As you continue on, you’ll dive deeper into the city’s history and learn how the creation of Miami can be traced back to one woman named Julia Tuttle. Then, experience a healthy dose of modern opulence as you cruise along the aptly named Millionaire’s Row.
After that is Vizcaya Museum and Gardens, an extravagant estate with a fascinating history and must-see sights.
Finally, you’ll reach the storied neighborhood of Coconut Grove, which has inspired artistic greats from Tennessee Williams to David Crosby! Your tour concludes here.
Tour Starting Address: 1500 Ocean Dr #100, Miami Beach, FL
Florida Unveiled: The Ultimate Sunshine State Experience:
Florida Self-Guided Driving Tours Bundle encompasses four remarkable destinations: Big Cypress Florida, Florida Everglades, Miami City, and Florida Keys. Whether you seek adventure, relaxation, or cultural immersion, this carefully curated bundle promises an unforgettable journey through the heart of the Sunshine State. Embark on this captivating journey and create memories that will last a lifetime.
How does it work?
- Once you book a tour, you’ll get a text/email with instructions.
- Download the app (while in good wifi/signal) and use your unique password to access your tours.
- To begin touring, go to the starting point and launch the app.
- The audio starts automatically once you reach the starting point. Stick to the tour route & speed limit for the best experience.
- Please note that no one will meet you at the starting point.
What You'll See
Miami Design Preservation League
Cruise Capital and Islands
1926 Hurricane and Great Depression
Zaha Hadid's One Thousand Museum
Freedom Tower and Pioneer Walk
Bayfront Park and Bayside Marketplace
World War II and Post-War Boom
Cuban Revolution and Little Havana
Calle Ocho Walk of Fame
Calle Ocho Festival
Bay of Pigs Monument
Brief Spanish History
Miami in Cinema
Vizcaya Museum & Gardens
Finance & Crypto in Miami
Preview The Tour
Explore the vibrant South Beach area, appreciate the iconic Art Deco architecture, visit Bayside Marketplace for shopping and dining, experience the Cuban culture in Little Havana, learn about Miami’s history, enjoy the opulence of Millionaire’s Row, and discover the beauty of Vizcaya Museum and Gardens.
The Miami City Self-Guided Driving Tour includes South Beach with its Art Deco architecture, Venetian Islands, the Freedom Tower, Bayside Marketplace, Little Havana, the history of Julia Tuttle and Miami, Millionaire’s Row, Vizcaya Museum and Gardens, and the neighborhood of Coconut Grove.
The driving time from Miami to Key West is approximately 3.5 to 4 hours, depending on traffic and any stops made along the way.
Everglades National Park is located near the city of Homestead, Florida.
South Beach is located in Miami Beach. You can reach South Beach by driving across the MacArthur Causeway or by using public transportation.
Scuba diving near Miami offers opportunities to explore fascinating sites such as the wrecks of the SS Copenhagen, the Neptune Memorial Reef, and the Underwater Museum of Art.
Consider budget-friendly options like The Vagabond Hotel, The Fritz Hotel, or Freehand Miami for affordable accommodations in Miami.
Look for affordable car rentals in Miami from companies such as Economy Rent a Car, Thrifty, or Payless Car Rental.
Miami is renowned for its beautiful beaches, vibrant nightlife, iconic Art Deco architecture, diverse cultural scene, and status as a major center for entertainment, trade, and tourism.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- App on your phone: A link to download the Action Tour Guide App and Password for your tours.
- Flexible schedule: Use any day, any time. Travel over multiple days or on next trip. Never expires.
- Easy to use: Stories play automatically by GPS. Hands-free. Get HELP all day: Call, Chat, or Email.
- At your own pace: No group. Take breaks for photos/ snacks/hikes. Go at your own pace.
- Offline use: No cell signal or wifi required. Offline GPS Map & route. Stop-to-stop direction.
- Don’t miss a thing: Full itinerary, travel tips, professionally narrated videos, text, and hidden gems.
- Transportation, parking fees, food, and drinks.
- Entry tickets or reservations to any attractions along the route.
- Car Rental: Please arrange a rental car at the closest airport or train station.