1- 2 Hours
One Per Person
At Your Own Pace
Welcome to the New Orleans Tour
Get ready to move and groove in the birthplace of jazz as you explore the storied streets of New Orleans with this self-guided walking tour. Discover rich history and culture as you stroll through the French Quarter. Stop for beignets at Cafe du Monde, hear a spine-chilling (and accurate) tale of horror at the LaLaurie Mansion, and visit the city’s lively Bourbon Street, where there’s never a dull moment! Along the way, you’ll learn about the origins of Cajun and Creole, get to know jazz legends like Louis Armstrong, and so much more.
About the Tour
Your tour begins alongside the Mississippi River. From there, you’ll stroll along the riverfront to Washington Artillery Park for great views of the city’s beautiful Jackson Square. Then you’ll stop by the world-famous Cafe du Monde French Market and hear some fascinating history of this must-see hotspot.
As you wander deeper into the French Quarter, the vibrant sounds of jazz invite you to the New Orleans Jazz National Historical Park. Here, uncover the city’s unrivaled musical history, from the birth of jazz to its evolution into a global phenomenon.
Turning onto St. Philip Street, you’ll be greeted by a golden statue of Joan of Arc, where you’ll dive into the longstanding connection between New Orleans and France. Then you’ll turn back the clock further to hear what this land used to be before European colonization.
Next, stop at the birthplace of Danny Barker and revisit the journey of this legendary banjoist and guitarist. Then continue on to the BK Historic House and Gardens, the site of a dramatic (and violent) true story of mafiosos and one stubborn local businessman.
As you approach the LaLaurie Mansion on Royal Street, you’ll discover the spine-chilling true history behind this landmark, which inspired a season of American Horror Story! Making your way to Bourbon Street, you’ll experience the pulse of New Orleans. The bustling street, filled with bars, clubs, and eateries, is the city’s beating heart, and there’s never a dull moment to be found here!
As you walk, you’ll also get acquainted with the difference between Cajun and Creole, the origins of Mardis Gras, and so much more. Then you’ll pay a visit to Louis Armstrong Park and learn about this jazz legend, his early years, and his everlasting impact on music.
The last stretch of the tour features some of the most lavish mansions in the French Quarter, as well as tales of the fires which nearly wiped New Orleans off the map! At last, your tour concludes at Saint Louis Cathedral, just a couple blocks away from the spot where it began.
Where to start?
For Best Experience, We recommend Starting from P401 Premium Parking Lot : 500 Decatur St, New Orleans (Parking Lot)
How does it work?
- Once you book a tour, you’ll get a text/email with instructions.
- Download the app (while in good wifi/signal) and use your unique password to access your tours.
- To begin touring, go to the starting point and launch the app.
- The audio starts automatically once you reach the starting point. Stick to the tour route & speed limit for the best experience.
- Please note that no one will meet you at the starting point.
What You'll See
Washington Artillery Park
Cathedral & Jackson Square
Art in Jackson Square
Cafe Du Monde French Market
Lady of New Orleans
History Of New Orleans
Chicago Versus New Orleans
Maid of Orleans
Krewe de Jeanne d’Arc
The LaBranche House
St. Anthony's Garden & St. Louis Cathedral
Visiting the Cathedral
A Haunted Garden
Preview The Tour
Inclusions and Exclusions
- App on your phone: A link to download the Action Tour Guide App and Password for your tours.
- Flexible schedule: Use any day, any time. Travel over multiple days or on next trip. Never expires.
- Easy to use: Stories play automatically by GPS. Hands-free. Get HELP all day: Call, Chat, or Email.
- At your own pace: No group. Take breaks for photos/ snacks/hikes. Go at your own pace.
- Offline use: No cell signal or wifi required. Offline GPS Map & route. Stop-to-stop direction.
- Don’t miss a thing: Full itinerary, travel tips, professionally narrated videos, text, and hidden gems.
- Transportation, parking fees, food, and drinks.
- Entry tickets or reservations to any attractions along the route.
- Car Rental: Please arrange a rental car at the closest airport or train station.