2 - 3 Hours
One Per Car
At Your Own Pace
Welcome to the La Sal Mountains Tour
Embark on a self-guided driving tour through La Sal’s mesmerizing landscapes. Start at Grandstaff Canyon Trail, marveling at the towering red rock formations. Next, drive through the majestic Castle Valley to gaze upon Castleton Tower. Wander the diverse terrains of Manti-La Sal National Forest and relax by Warner Lake. Delve into cinematic history at the Moab Museum of Film and Western Heritage. Finally, ascend to La Sal Mountains’ Lookout Point and Geyser Pass Rd for breathtaking mountain vistas.
About the Tour
Embark on a journey through the vibrant landscapes of La Sal, beginning with the serene Colorado River. Discover the historic Grandstaff Canyon Trail and learn about the life of William Grandstaff. Uncover the mysteries of The Age of the Earth at Big Bend Bouldering Area and bask in the beauty of Mat Martin Point and Take Out Beach. Delve into the geological wonders at About Those Mesas and Petrified Sand.
Continue to the Moab Museum of Film and Western Heritage to explore cinematic and cultural history. Experience the rustic charm of Hauer Ranch and gaze upon the imposing Parriott Mesa. Drive through the picturesque Castle Valley and marvel at the unique formations of Castleton Tower. Witness the natural splendor of Round Mountain and delve into the region’s Spanish History.
As you continue straight onto Gateway Road, immerse yourself in the diverse wildlife with Animals of La Sal and Birds of La Sal. Uncover the prehistoric world of Dinosaurs and take in the panoramic views at Bull Canyon Overlook. Engage with More Human History and the legacy of the Elk Mountain Mission. Explore Miners Basin’s rugged beauty, and reach the breathtaking La Sal Lookout Point.
Hear tales of Laura Bullion, the Thorny Rose, and the formation of the Manti-La Sal National Forest. Learn about the area’s Gold Mining history before relaxing at Warner Lake. Consider a detour to Oowah Lake and traverse Geyser Pass Rd. Discover the story of Building Route 128 and the old Thriving Cow Town of La Sal.
Unravel the stories of Butch Cassidy, the local flora, and The Bassett Sisters. Be surprised by Plot Twist and conclude your tour with a visit to Ken’s Lake and Faux Falls. Each stop is enriched with stories, history, and the natural beauty of the region, all accessible through the app’s comprehensive guide. This self-guided tour offers freedom and insight, making your drive through La Sal an unforgettable adventure.
Where to start?
For Best Experience, We recommend Starting From: Lions Park, UT-128, Moab, UT 84532
How does it work?
- Once you book a tour, you’ll get a text/email with instructions.
- Download the app (while in good wifi/signal) and use your unique password to access your tours.
- To begin touring, go to the starting point and launch the app.
- The audio starts automatically once you reach the starting point. Stick to the tour route & speed limit for the best experience.
- Please note that no one will meet you at the starting point.
Preview The Tour
Inclusions and Exclusions
- App on your phone: A link to download the Action Tour Guide App and Password for your tours.
- Flexible schedule: Use any day, any time. Travel over multiple days or on your next trip within 1 year of your purchase.
- Easy to use: Stories play automatically by GPS. Hands-free. Get HELP all day: Call, Chat, or Email.
- At your own pace: No group. Take breaks for photos/ snacks/hikes. Go at your own pace.
- Offline use: No cell signal or wifi required. Offline GPS Map & route. Stop-to-stop direction.
- Don’t miss a thing: Full itinerary, travel tips, professionally narrated videos, text, and hidden gems.
- Transportation, parking fees, food, and drinks.
- Entry tickets or reservations to any attractions along the route.
- Car Rental: Please arrange a rental car at the closest airport or train station.