2 - 3 Hours
One Per Car
At Your Own Pace
Welcome to the Utah Goblin Valley Tour
Tour Utah’s captivating Goblin Valley State Park with this GPS-guided driving tour! This peculiar park is filled with countless strange rock formations that must be seen to be believed. Witness the many “goblins” from on high at Goblin Overlook or get up close and personal in the Goblin’s Lair. Visit towering formations like Molly’s Castle and Wild Horse Butte and find out how all these unusual sights came to be. Plus, see ancient art at the Temple Mountain Wash Pictograph Panel, featuring images painted centuries ago!
About the Tour
You’ll begin at the start of Temple Mountain Road, not far from the park entrance itself.
As you drive toward the imposing San Rafael Swell, you’ll learn how this landscape formed in the first place. It’s a tale of tectonic collisions, ancient seas, and much more! Plus, get familiar with some of the area’s wildlife so you know how to spot them!
Next, you’ll learn about the Barrier Canyon style of ancient art, before heading to the Temple Mountain Pictograph Panel to see some of this centuries-old art for yourself. It’s a slice of history preserved in stone!
Then you’ll cruise through the vast desert and get to know the Fremont people, as well as the explorers who first happened across the “goblins” of Goblin Valley.
As you approach the park itself, you’ll take in the majestic sights of Molly’s Castle and Wild Horse Butte and find out how to decipher their fascinating geology. Then you’ll have the chance to hike the Curtis Bench Trail for some fabulous desert views.
At last, you’ll reach Goblin Overlook, where you’ll see the strange and otherworldly goblins themselves, along with an option to hike to the Goblin’s Lair for a closer look! Your tour concludes here.
Where to start?
Start your tour from the Temple Mount Road: 85CFJCJM+78
How does it work?
- Once you book a tour, you’ll get a text/email with instructions.
- Download the app (while in good wifi/signal) and use your unique password to access your tours.
- To begin touring, go to the starting point and launch the app.
- The audio starts automatically once you reach the starting point. Stick to the tour route & speed limit for the best experience.
- Please note that no one will meet you at the starting point.
What You'll See
Goblins of Goblin Valley
San Rafael Swell
Barrier Canyon Style
Temple Mountain Wash Pictograph Panel
Wild Horse Butte
The Three Sisters
Preview The Tour
Inclusions and Exclusions
- App on your phone: A link to download the Action Tour Guide App and Password for your tours.
- Flexible schedule: Use any day, any time. Travel over multiple days or on next trip. Never expires.
- Easy to use: Stories play automatically by GPS. Hands-free. Get HELP all day: Call, Chat, or Email.
- At your own pace: No group. Take breaks for photos/ snacks/hikes. Go at your own pace.
- Offline use: No cell signal or wifi required. Offline GPS Map & route. Stop-to-stop direction.
- Don’t miss a thing: Full itinerary, travel tips, professionally narrated videos, text, and hidden gems.
- Transportation, parking fees, food, and drinks.
- Entry tickets or reservations to any attractions along the route.
- Car Rental: Please arrange a rental car at the closest airport or train station.