Per Tour: 2 - 3 Hours
One Per Car
Per Tour: 25+ Miles
Per Tour: 70+
At Your Own Pace
Welcome to 17 Mile Drive & Big Sur Driving Tours Bundle
Explore the famous 17 Mile Drive in Pebble Beach, Monterey and drive on California’s most famous stretch of road – Big Sur.
About the 17 Mile Drive Tour
Drives you through the famous pebble beach and lone cypress. The starting point is Del Monte. The Ending point is Carmel-by-the-sea. There is an entrance fee which is not included in the tour.
We’ll embark on this scenic drive in downtown Monterey, near the historic Fisherman’s Wharf. Our explorations along Monterey’s Pacific Grove bring us to Cannery Row, immortalized by John Steinbeck.
This Cannery Row ends at Monterey’s second most famous attraction: the Monterey Bay Aquarium. This is an optional stop for those looking to get up close and personal with a wide variety of sea creatures on the 17 Mile Drive audio tour.
Then brings us to Point Joe. Here we’ll learn the story of two well-known shipwrecks St. Paul and the Celia. We’ll also understand why this ocean is known as “The Restless Sea”!
Our journey into the Bird Rock and Seal Rock, both always teeming with life. We’ll learn how to spot the difference between seals and sea lions and identify a couple of the most common birds of the area.
Then we’ll make our way through the Crocker Grove, which honors the man who almost single-handedly built 17 Mile Drive. Crocker put a lot of effort into beautifying the coastal drive while preserving its natural history and terrain.
Our adventure continues through the Lone Cypress! The Lone Cypress stands dramatically at the edge of a cliff, shrouded in fog. Its roots are embedded in a rough outcropping on a granite hillside, and it is framed by a backdrop of loud, crashing waves. It’s perhaps the most intriguing site on the 17 Mile Drive audio tour.
About Big Sur Tour from Monterey
Embark on an adventure along the most beautiful coastline in the US! Begin your Big Sur driving tour in Monterey, California.
Next, you’ll check out the drive that continues into the quaint Carmel-by-the-Sea, renowned for its picturesque beauty. On your Big Sur tour, we’ll check out several of its most famous fairytale cottages.
Next, we enter the world-famous Big Sur portion of the PCH. The Pacific Coast Highway, popularly known as PCH, Highway 1, or Route 1, is one of the most scenic road trips in the US.
Our journey into the scenic drive takes us through Garrapata State Park, where we’ll have the chance to stop and check out Garrapata Beach. As we drive, we’ll learn about the wildfires that often rage through forests like these.
Then we’ll now go to Bixby Creek Bridge! This is one of the most photographed bridges in California due to its aesthetic design, graceful architecture, and magnificent setting. It is a reinforced concrete open-spandrel arch bridge.
Our adventure on the Big Sur tour continues through Pfeiffer Beach, which is well worth the detour. Just south of Big Sur Station on Highway 1 is unsigned Sycamore Canyon Road which winds its way down to the shore.
Nothing beats the Elephant Seal Vista Point. The largest seal in the northern hemisphere, the Northern Elephant Seal, migrates to the rookery twice yearly. While offshore, the elephant seal spends eight to ten months diving up to 5,800 feet deep for up to two hours. They mate, birth, molt, and rest onshore between trips in the year’s remaining months.
Finally, we’ll reach Morro Bay, San Luis Obispo, and Pismo Beach, where the Big Sur tour ends.
Along the route, we recommend doing the San Luis Obispo Tour. Experience lush scenery, history, and laid-back vibes with 30+ entertaining audio stories on this self-guided, self-paced walk.
Journey Through America’s Southwest Wonders: Embark on an Epic tour
Experience the wonders of the American Southwest on an unforgettable tour. Explore the stunning red rock formations of Sedona, wander through the otherworldly landscapes of the Grand Canyon, and immerse yourself in the rich Native American culture of the region. From the vibrant city lights of Las Vegas to the serene beauty of Zion National Park, this tour will take you on a journey through some of America’s most iconic destinations.
Upgrade to Action+
For $99.99, you can upgrade to Action+ Annual Unlimited Subscription with 100+ tours. Use the tours as often as you like during your one-year subscription period. You also get free access to any new tours that come out during the time you are subscribed.
How does it work?
- Once you book a tour, you’ll get a text/email with instructions.
- Download the app (while in good wifi/signal) and use your unique password to access your tours.
- To begin touring, go to the starting point and launch the app.
- The audio starts automatically once you reach the starting point. Stick to the tour route & speed limit for the best experience.
- Please note that no one will meet you at the starting point.
Preview The Tour
Inclusions and Exclusions
- App on your phone: A link to download the Action Tour Guide App and Password for your tours.
- Flexible schedule: Use any day, any time. Travel over multiple days or on next trip. Never expires.
- Easy to use: Stories play automatically by GPS. Hands-free. Get HELP all day: Call, Chat, or Email.
- At your own pace: No group. Take breaks for photos/ snacks/hikes. Go at your own pace.
- Offline use: No cell signal or wifi required. Offline GPS Map & route. Stop-to-stop direction.
- Don’t miss a thing: Full itinerary, travel tips, professionally narrated videos, text, and hidden gems.
- Transportation, parking fees, food, and drinks.
- Entry tickets or reservations to any attractions along the route.
- Car Rental: Please arrange a rental car at the closest airport or train station.