2 - 3 Hours
One Per Car
At Your Own Pace
Welcome to the Los Angeles Tour of filming locations
Welcome to the narrated driving tour of Los Angeles Filming Locations by Action Tour Guide! Are you ready to turn your phone into a personal tour guide? This app offers a fully-guided experience – just like a local giving you a personalized, turn-by-turn tour.
About the Tour
With up-close looks at famous filming locations across Los Angeles, this tour puts you in the director’s chair! As the beating heart of the film industry, just about everywhere in Los Angeles has starred on the big screen at some point. This tour shows you the best of the best.
This tour features locations from The Dark Knight Rises to La La Land and beyond. No matter what your tastes (or your schedule), there’s something for you in sunny LA. Want to see the haunted hotel from American Horror Story? Done. How about the site of thrilling action sequences like the famous shootout in Heat or a superpowered bank robbery in Spider-Man 2? We’ve got you covered. Or maybe you’re looking for something more old-fashioned, like the lagoon from Gilligan’s Island. Yup, that’s in Los Angeles too!
And the best part? You get to choose which locations to visit and what order you visit them in! That means no waiting around with a tour group at places that don’t interest you. Just go straight to the spots you most want to see!
Starting Point Address: 990 N Hill St STE 206, Los Angeles, CA 90012
Upgrade to the California Tours Bundle
This is a great time to visit California! With 12 tours across the state, our value-for-money California bundle (priced at just $49.99) gives you the flexibility to see all the top sights in the state at your own pace.
Journey Through America’s Southwest Wonders: Embark on an Epic tour
Experience the wonders of the American Southwest on an unforgettable tour. Explore the stunning red rock formations of Sedona, wander through the otherworldly landscapes of the Grand Canyon, and immerse yourself in the rich Native American culture of the region. From the vibrant city lights of Las Vegas to the serene beauty of Zion National Park, this tour will take you on a journey through some of America’s most iconic destinations.
How does it work?
- Once you book a tour, you’ll get a text/email with instructions.
- Download the app (while in good wifi/signal) and use your unique password to access your tours.
- To begin touring, go to the starting point and launch the app.
- The audio starts automatically once you reach the starting point. Stick to the tour route & speed limit for the best experience.
- Please note that no one will meet you at the starting point.
What You'll See
Climax of Chinatown
LA Union Station
LA City Hall
The Last Bookstore
Beaux Arts Building
Millennium Biltmore Hotel
Pacific Dining Car
Echo Park Lake
Music Box Steps
John Marshall High School
Preview The Tour
As you might guess, Los Angeles is the most filmed city in the world. A big reason why is just convenience! Why fly a whole movie cast and crew halfway across the world if you can shoot in your own backyard?
Los Angeles is the number one film city in America (and the rest of the world). It’s where the heart of the film industry is based, it’s where the most movies are shot, and it’s where the biggest movie stars live!
Griffith Observatory is probably the most filmed place in LA outside the studio lots. Appearing in everything from La La Land to Jurassic Park, this is a must-see spot for anyone visiting the city.
The famous filmmaking sections of Los Angeles are called the “studio lots.” Owned by major studios like Warner Brothers and Paramount, these sprawling lots are home to crazy sets and greenscreen galore, and tons of scenes from your favorite films have been shot there.
It does! While the only way to actually get to the sign itself is by hiking, this tour will take you as close as you can get in a car, offering stupendous views of this iconic American landmark.
You might not realize it, but Los Angeles itself is probably the most famous filming location in the world. Sure, there are plenty of movies that take place in LA, but the city also stands in for tons of other locations all the time!
On this tour, you’ll see sites like the diner from Training Day, the lagoon from Gilligan’s Island, the street from the final scene of Chinatown, and much, much more.
If you’re visiting Los Angeles during the summer, short sleeves and shorts are the way to go! During the cooler seasons, a light jacket and long pants will usually suffice.
A car, whether your own or a rental, is highly recommended when visiting Los Angeles. The city is quite spread out and is not especially walkable, so having your own vehicle gives you much more freedom than you would otherwise have
Beverly Hills is best known as a hub of celebrity homes in Los Angeles. It’s the most expensive neighborhood in the city, and is home to big name celebs like Al Pacino.
Most of LA’s movie sets are located on studio lots belonging to the major film studios in the city. Unfortunately, these aren’t open to the public, as they’re constantly being used to, you know, make movies!
Inclusions and Exclusions
- App on your phone: A link to download the Action Tour Guide App and Password for your tours.
- Flexible schedule: Use any day, any time. Travel over multiple days or on next trip. Never expires.
- Easy to use: Stories play automatically by GPS. Hands-free. Get HELP all day: Call, Chat, or Email.
- At your own pace: No group. Take breaks for photos/ snacks/hikes. Go at your own pace.
- Offline use: No cell signal or wifi required. Offline GPS Map & route. Stop-to-stop direction.
- Don’t miss a thing: Full itinerary, travel tips, professionally narrated videos, text, and hidden gems.
- Transportation, parking fees, food, and drinks.
- Entry tickets or reservations to any attractions along the route.
- Car Rental: Please arrange a rental car at the closest airport or train station.