2 - 3 Hours
One Per Car
At Your Own Pace
Welcome to the Lake Louise and Moraine Lake Tour
Enjoy a memorable Lake Louise driving tour with this self-guided tour. Discover Morant’s Curve, a photographer’s paradise, where rail, river, and mountain meet. Journey deeper into Johnston Canyon to see waterfalls and limestone cliffs. Discover the region’s natural beauties and history as you explore this renowned Canadian environment. This journey lets you discover Lake Louise at your own speed, delivering lifetime experiences and vistas.
About the Tour
Your tour begins outside the Lake Louise Ski Resort. Here, you’ll board a shuttle and head to Lake Louise (so you won’t have to worry about dealing with parking)! Dive deep into the enchanting landscapes and profound history of Lake Louise and its surroundings. Take a stroll around the lake or embark on a more challenging hike to a hidden tea house!
Then ride another shuttle to Moraine Lake. Along the way, you’ll learn about the fascinating history of mountaineering in this amazing landscape, from early climbs to the bravery of Swiss mountain guides. Once you reach Moraine Lake, you’ll have the option to hike up to a stunning overlook that might just be the prettiest spot in all of Banff National Park.
Next, you’ll ride the shuttle back to your car and continue the remainder of the tour in your own personal vehicle or rental. As you drive, you’ll delve into the story of the Stoney Nakoda people and their rich legacy in this land. Stop at Morant’s Curve, a photographer’s delight, before continuing alongside the serenity of the Bow River.
After that, you’ll have the option to hike the gorgeous Castle Lookout Trail or continue on toward natural gems like Silverton Falls, Moose Meadows, and the ethereal beauty of Johnston Canyon. At last, you’ll be treated to panoramic views from the Vermilion Lakes Viewpoint, just outside the town of Banff. Your tour concludes here.
Where to start?
We recommend starting from: Lake Louise Ski Resort’s, 1 Whitehorn Rd, Lake Louise, AB T0L 1E0, Canada
How does it work?
- Once you book a tour, you’ll get a text/email with instructions.
- Download the app (while in good wifi/signal) and use your unique password to access your tours.
- To begin touring, go to the starting point and launch the app.
- The audio starts automatically once you reach the starting point. Stick to the tour route & speed limit for the best experience.
- Please note that no one will meet you at the starting point.
Preview The Tour
While the tour begins outside the Lake Louise Ski Resort, you’ll board a shuttle to Lake Louise and Moraine Lake to ensure a hassle-free experience. However, for the remainder of the tour, you can use your own personal vehicle or rental.
The shuttle service is typically included as part of the tour package. You’ll be provided with details on where and when to board the shuttle.
Yes, it’s recommended to bring your headphones for the tour to ensure you can hear the audio guide clearly and enjoy the narration and insights as you explore the beautiful landscapes.
The shuttle service is often included in the tour package, but it’s a good idea to check the specific tour details for any additional fees or requirements.
The tour typically offers a range of activities so it’s essential to review the tour’s description to determine if it’s suitable for your age group and fitness level.
The tour is designed to provide a comprehensive experience of Lake Louise and Moraine Lake, including specific stops and activities. While some customization might be possible, it’s recommended to follow the suggested itinerary for the best experience.
It’s advisable to book this tour in advance to secure your spot and ensure availability, especially during peak tourist seasons.
Our customizable tour lets you explore at your own speed. You can enjoy the views and events along the way at your own pace, despite advised halt times.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- App on your phone: A link to download the Action Tour Guide App and Password for your tours.
- Flexible schedule: Use any day, any time. Travel over multiple days or on next trip. Never expires.
- Easy to use: Stories play automatically by GPS. Hands-free. Get HELP all day: Call, Chat, or Email.
- At your own pace: No group. Take breaks for photos/ snacks/hikes. Go at your own pace.
- Offline use: No cell signal or wifi required. Offline GPS Map & route. Stop-to-stop direction.
- Don’t miss a thing: Full itinerary, travel tips, professionally narrated videos, text, and hidden gems.
- Transportation, parking fees, food, and drinks.
- Entry tickets or reservations to any attractions along the route.
- Car Rental: Please arrange a rental car at the closest airport or train station.