1 - 2 Hours
One Per Person
At Your Own Pace
Welcome to the Salem Witch Trials Quiz Tour for kids
Think you know what happened during the Salem Witch Trials? Think again! This trivia tour pulls back the curtain on this sleepy town’s harrowing history. Walk Salem’s historic streets and learn how the witch panic turned friends and family against one another. Get to know the victims, their persecutors, and the unbelievable true story about the town’s dark past. As you explore, you’ll also be prompted with trivia questions to test your knowledge of this infamous era! Explore, experience, and learn all at once!
About the Trivia Tour
This harrowing tour/trivia combo begins at the Salem Armory. From there, you head to the 1692 Memorial, honoring the victims of the witch panic.
Next, you’ll head to the Old Burying Point, the final resting place not only for many of the trials’ victims but for their persecutors as well. Walk among the graves and hear the tragic, heroic tale of Giles Corey and others who paid the ultimate price for refusing to go along with the madness.
After that, you’ll see some of Salem’s spookiest architecture, like the Joshua Ward House and the Old Town Hall—home to secret tunnels that still exist today!
Then there’s the old jailhouse, where some say the spirits of the confined and tortured innocents never really left. Among the landmarks you’ll see next are some featured in movies like Hocus Pocus and Bewitched!
Next, you’ll pass the Witch Museum and learn how all the madness finally ended. Finally, you’ll arrive at the Salem Common, where you’ll find out what happened after the trials finally ended.
Along the way, plenty of optional detours are available for those looking for a little more, from Nathaniel Hawthorne’s house to a tavern infamous for 18th-century kidnappings!
Starting Point Address
This is how it works:
As you walk the route, you’ll be prompted with questions that encourage you to really pay attention to your surroundings to find the answers. Answer correctly and your virtual tour guide will fill you in on surprising bits of history, trivia, and tips for getting the most out of your trip.
DON’T MISS A THING
This GPS-enabled tour will guide you through all the must-see spots (and plenty of secret ones!) while the audio automatically pops up to tell you everything you need to know—just like taking a tour with a local!
PLAY FOR KEEPS
Once you purchase, it’s yours forever! Come back and take the tour again, test your friends with the trivia, or simply split up your visit over multiple days — it’s all up to you! The self-guided tour is completely flexible.
Fun trivia questions: Test your trivia knowledge while you tour!
Freedom of travel: No designated tour times, no crowded groups. Set your own schedule and move at your own pace.
Offline usage: No data, cellular or wireless network connection is required during the tour. Simply download before you go and you’re all set!
How does it work?
- Once you book a tour, you’ll get a text/email with instructions.
- Download the app (while in good wifi/signal) and use your unique password to access your tours.
- To begin touring, go to the starting point and launch the app.
- The audio starts automatically once you reach the starting point. Stick to the tour route & speed limit for the best experience.
- Please note that no one will meet you at the starting point.
Preview the Tour
Samuel Pickman House Audio Story
Nathaniel Hawthorne_s Birthplace Audio Story
Inclusions and Exclusions
- App on your phone: A link to download the Action Tour Guide App and Password for your tours.
- Flexible schedule: Use any day, any time. Travel over multiple days or on next trip. Never expires.
- Easy to use: Stories play automatically by GPS. Hands-free. Get HELP all day: Call, Chat, or Email.
- At your own pace: No group. Take breaks for photos/ snacks/hikes. Go at your own pace.
- Offline use: No cell signal or wifi required. Offline GPS Map & route. Stop-to-stop direction.
- Don’t miss a thing: Full itinerary, travel tips, professionally narrated videos, text, and hidden gems.
- Transportation, parking fees, food, and drinks.
- Entry tickets or reservations to any attractions along the route.
- Car Rental: Please arrange a rental car at the closest airport or train station.