Per Tour 2 - 3 Hours
One Per Car
Per Tour 20+ Miles
Per Tour 50+
At Your Own Pace
Welcome to the Self-Guided Driving Tour of Austin and Houston Bundle
Experience the hippest cities in Texas with these self-guided driving tours of Austin and Houston. In Austin, you’ll start at the beautiful Mount Bonnell. As you drive, you’ll learn about Texas’s struggle for independence and the city’s rich and delightfully diverse music history. Plus, cruise past the Wild Basin Wilderness preserve, replete with over 200 acres of preserved wilderness.
About the Bundle
Uncover the city’s rich BBQ history, especially Austin’s pit-style cooking! Then find out how this became the hottest city in the tech industry. Stop by Zilker Botanical Garden with 28 acres of local and exotic flora. Pay a visit to the beloved Barton Springs with its three-acre spring-fed pool, a miniature train, and even a community theater! Then, cross Congress Avenue Bridge, home to the largest urban bat colony in America.
Dig further into Austin’s culture and learn how the iconic phrase “Keep Austin Weird” was born! Get some trivia on the various movies and shows that have been filmed here, such as the cult classic, Office Space and Richard Linklater’s ambitious Boyhood, shot over a dozen years. Then park by the majestic state capitol and stroll through the beautiful grounds as you learn more about Austin’s fascinating history. Finally, catch snatches of the vibrant nightlife on 6th Street, which was once a hive of booze-related shenanigans during Prohibition. This concludes your Austin adventure!
In Houston, you’ll begin on Lamar Street, between the Embassy Suites Hotel and Grove Restaurant. Then hear about the Caddo Nations and how the Spanish conquered their land to establish Mexico. Proceed past the Buffalo Bayou Park and unearth the famed Battle of San Jacinto, a key fight in the struggle for Texan independence! As you drive, you’ll behold amazing architecture both new and old, from sleek skyscrapers like Penzoil Place to the grandeur of Christ Church Cathedral. Discover the blend of art, science, and history at the Houston Museum District, where you’ll find a diverse range of museums dedicated to everything from African-American culture, to children, natural sciences, and beyond!
Of course, no visit is complete without learning the history of NASA. Learn why Houston was chosen for the headquarters and hear stories of some of its greatest triumphs as you make your way to the Johnson Space Center. Your tour concludes here.
How does it work?
- Once you book a tour, you’ll get a text/email with instructions.
- Download the app (while in good wifi/signal) and use your unique password to access your tours.
- To begin touring, go to the starting point and launch the app.
- The audio starts automatically once you reach the starting point. Stick to the tour route & speed limit for the best experience.
- Please note that no one will meet you at the starting point.
Preview The Tour
Inclusions and Exclusions
- App on your phone: A link to download the Action Tour Guide App and Password for your tours.
- Flexible schedule: Use any day, any time. Travel over multiple days or on your next trip within 1 year of your purchase.
- Easy to use: Stories play automatically by GPS. Hands-free. Get HELP all day: Call, Chat, or Email.
- At your own pace: No group. Take breaks for photos/ snacks/hikes. Go at your own pace.
- Offline use: No cell signal or wifi required. Offline GPS Map & route. Stop-to-stop direction.
- Don’t miss a thing: Full itinerary, travel tips, professionally narrated videos, text, and hidden gems.
- Transportation, parking fees, food, and drinks.
- Entry tickets or reservations to any attractions along the route.
- Car Rental: Please arrange a rental car at the closest airport or train station.