1- 2 Hours
One Per Person
At Your Own Pace
Welcome to the Springfield Tour
See Abraham Lincoln as you’ve never seen him before with this self-guided walking tour of historic Springfield. Stroll through the 16th president’s old neighborhood, see the home where he lived before heading to the White House, and stop by his old law office! As you explore these historic sites, your audio guide will reveal the man behind the myth. So get your top hat ready and embark on a picturesque stroll worthy of the history books!
About the Tour
You’ll kick off your Springfield journey outside the Lincoln Home National Historic Site Visitor Center. It’s here where you’ll be introduced to the life and times of the 16th President of the United States, Abraham Lincoln. Strolling through this gorgeously preserved neighborhood, you’ll see the homes where Lincoln and his neighbors lived over 150 years ago.
Then you’ll pass the iconic First Presbyterian Church, which offers insights into Lincoln’s spiritual life. Next, as you walk along E Monroe St, immerse yourself in tales of Lincoln’s robust law career. Then stop outside the Lincoln-Herndon Law Offices where he actually practiced his trade!
The fabric of Lincoln’s private life unfolds as you learn about his family before arriving at the Old State Capitol, where he began his momentous political journey. Continuing on, you’ll hear the suspenseful saga of the Election of 1860 before pausing at the Young Lincoln Mural for a photo op. Soon after, Union Square Park awaits, with its majestic Lincoln Statue standing tall.
Your journey deepens at the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum. Beyond this, you’ll uncover Lincoln’s critical role during the Civil War and understand the significance of The Emancipation Proclamation.
Finally, you’ll relive the tragic assassination of Lincoln and uncover the true impact of this nation-altering event. Your tour concludes here, a few blocks from where it began.
Where to start?
For the Best Experience, Start From Lincoln Home National Historic Site Visitor Center: 426 S 7th St, Springfield, IL 62701
How does it work?
- Once you book a tour, you’ll get a text/email with instructions.
- Download the app (while in good wifi/signal) and use your unique password to access your tours.
- To begin touring, go to the starting point and launch the app.
- The audio starts automatically once you reach the starting point. Stick to the tour route & speed limit for the best experience.
- Please note that no one will meet you at the starting point.
Preview The Tour
Inclusions and Exclusions
- App on your phone: A link to download the Action Tour Guide App and Password for your tours.
- Flexible schedule: Use any day, any time. Travel over multiple days or on your next trip within 1 year of your purchase.
- Easy to use: Stories play automatically by GPS. Hands-free. Get HELP all day: Call, Chat, or Email.
- At your own pace: No group. Take breaks for photos/ snacks/hikes. Go at your own pace.
- Offline use: No cell signal or wifi required. Offline GPS Map & route. Stop-to-stop direction.
- Don’t miss a thing: Full itinerary, travel tips, professionally narrated videos, text, and hidden gems.
- Transportation, parking fees, food, and drinks.
- Entry tickets or reservations to any attractions along the route.
- Car Rental: Please arrange a rental car at the closest airport or train station.