3 - 4 Hours
One Per Car
At Your Own Pace
How does it work?
- Once you book a tour, you’ll get a text/email with instructions.
- Download the app (while in good wifi/signal) and use your unique password to access your tours.
- To begin touring, go to the starting point and launch the app.
- The audio starts automatically once you reach the starting point. Stick to the tour route & speed limit for the best experience.
- Please note that no one will meet you at the starting point.
What You'll See
The Painted Ladies
Brief History of SF
Golden Gate Fortune Cookie Company
The Gold Rush
Preview The Tour
Lombard Street is the most famous street in San Francisco, and for good reason! This impossibly steep, garden-lined street is as unique as it is picturesque, offering amazing city views and a photo op like no other.
It takes around 4-6 hours to drive all around the San Francisco Bay Area, especially because you’ll want to make plenty of stops along your route. For best results, you should budget a whole day for exploration, shopping, and picture-taking.
Don’t expect the sunny beach weather of Los Angeles in San Francisco! While summers are still quite warm, anticipate chilly mornings and evenings, frequently overcast skies, and the occasional misty rain.
San Francisco is actually the second most densely populated city in the US, behind only New York City! Within that density, you’ll also find not one, but two Chinatowns! San Francisco is also where iconic inventions like blue jeans and the electronic television originated.
San Francisco’s most popular attraction is almost certainly the Golden Gate Bridge. This iconic American landmark is one of the most photographed spots in the country, and the park attached to it makes for a lovely destination for any traveler.
September or October are among the best months to visit San Francisco. Temperatures are still pretty warm, there are fewer crowds than in the summer, and you’ll find street fairs and festivals galore.
While San Francisco is one of the densest cities on the west coast, driving is still the easiest way to see a lot of the city. That’s because the dramatic hills which define San Fran can make for a pretty arduous walking experience. Three blocks doesn’t sound like very far to go until you realize you’ll be walking at a 30 degree incline the whole way!
While there’s no one answer to this question, many will tell you that Hayes Valley is the coolest neighborhood in San Francisco. That’s thanks to the boutiques, art galleries, and European-style pubs which make it a phenomenal destination for anyone looking to get away from the touristy stuff and get a taste of the real San Francisco.
San Francisco is hip, trendy, and overwhelmingly progressive. The city has a thriving LGBT community, the youth and vibrancy one would expect from a tech hub, and a quirky hipster vibe unlike anywhere else in the country.
San Francisco has been famous for countless things over the years, from being a Gold Rush mecca in the 1800s to a hub for queer culture in the ‘80s and a tech industry titan today. The only constant is that this city is always pushing boundaries and carving its own path into the future!
Thanks to its density, three days is usually enough to experience all the best parts of the city. Of course, there’s always more to see in a city like this one, so you definitely won’t run out of things to do if you stay even longer!
Inclusions and Exclusions
- App on your phone: A link to download the Action Tour Guide App and Password for your tours.
- Flexible schedule: Use any day, any time. Travel over multiple days or on your next trip within 1 year of your purchase.
- Easy to use: Stories play automatically by GPS. Hands-free. Get HELP all day: Call, Chat, or Email.
- At your own pace: No group. Take breaks for photos/ snacks/hikes. Go at your own pace.
- Offline use: No cell signal or wifi required. Offline GPS Map & route. Stop-to-stop direction.
- Don’t miss a thing: Full itinerary, travel tips, professionally narrated videos, text, and hidden gems.
- Transportation, parking fees, food, and drinks.
- Entry tickets or reservations to any attractions along the route.
- Car Rental: Please arrange a rental car at the closest airport or train station.