2 - 3 Hours
One Per Car
At Your Own Pace
Welcome to the Yoho National Park Tour
Unearth a hidden treasure right next to Banff National Park with this self-guided driving tour of Yoho National Park! Discover the secluded beauty of Sherbrooke Lake and Emerald Lake. Witness a natural bridge carved by a patient river. Visit The Spiral Tunnel Viewpoint to see how engineering tamed this harsh alpine landscape. Learn about the incredible fossilized history of Yoho. Marvel at Takakkaw Falls, one of Canada’s tallest waterfalls. And so much more!
About the Tour
Your tour begins in the town of Lake Louise. From here, you’ll head toward the Yoho National Park entrance and hear about one of the most colorful figures from its history: Tom Wilson.
Next, why not snap a selfie beside the Now Entering British Columbia Sign, which just so happens to sit directly on the Great Continental Divide! As you cruise through the picturesque Kicking Horse Pass, you’ll find out how it got its unusual name.
After that, you’ll admire the serene Wapta Lake and have the option of trekking to the secluded and picturesque Sherbrooke Lake. Take in views of Cathedral and Mount Stephen as you drive, which stand as sentinels, guarding tales of time past. Stop for photos at the Spiral Tunnel Viewpoint, which offers a testament to human engineering amidst nature’s grandeur. Then you’ll cruise toward a towering waterfall known as Takakkaw Falls, hearing about elusive mountain peaks, sprawling icefields, and terrifying avalanches along the way.
Returning from Takakkaw Falls, you’ll delve into the discoveries of Charles Doolittle Walcott and the world-renowned Burgess Shale, which changed scientists’ understanding of the world forever. After hearing more about how this happened, you’ll pay a visit to the Natural Bridge – nature’s own architectural masterpiece.
At last, you’ll arrive at Emerald Lake, the perfect spot to rest after an exciting journey. Your tour concludes here.
Where to start?
Tour Starting Address: CRHF+Q24 Lake Louise, Alberta, Canada
How does it work?
- Once you book a tour, you’ll get a text/email with instructions.
- Download the app (while in good wifi/signal) and use your unique password to access your tours.
- To begin touring, go to the starting point and launch the app.
- The audio starts automatically once you reach the starting point. Stick to the tour route & speed limit for the best experience.
- Please note that no one will meet you at the starting point.
Preview The Tour
Inclusions and Exclusions
- App on your phone: A link to download the Action Tour Guide App and Password for your tours.
- Flexible schedule: Use any day, any time. Travel over multiple days or on next trip. Never expires.
- Easy to use: Stories play automatically by GPS. Hands-free. Get HELP all day: Call, Chat, or Email.
- At your own pace: No group. Take breaks for photos/ snacks/hikes. Go at your own pace.
- Offline use: No cell signal or wifi required. Offline GPS Map & route. Stop-to-stop direction.
- Don’t miss a thing: Full itinerary, travel tips, professionally narrated videos, text, and hidden gems.
- Transportation, parking fees, food, and drinks.
- Entry tickets or reservations to any attractions along the route.
- Car Rental: Please arrange a rental car at the closest airport or train station.