2 - 3 Hours
One Per Car
At Your Own Pace
Where to start?
For Best Experience, we recommend starting from: Bushiribana Ruins, H23F+C9F, Noord, Aruba
How does it work?
- Once you book a tour, you’ll get a text/email with instructions.
- Download the app (while in good wifi/signal) and use your unique password to access your tours.
- To begin touring, go to the starting point and launch the app.
- The audio starts automatically once you reach the starting point. Stick to the tour route & speed limit for the best experience.
- Please note that no one will meet you at the starting point.
What You'll See
Bushiribana Gold Mill
Not So Uninhabited After All
Natural Bridge & Hurricanes on the High Seas
Francis Drake vs Spanish
Pirate vs Privateer: What’s the Difference?
Dutch & the Golden Age
El Nino & La Nina
Shipwrecks - Antilla
Pirates of Frenchman's Pass
Buried Treasure in the Spanish Lagoon
Balashi Gold Mill
Aruba’s Many Languages
Preview the Tour
Welcome Audio Story
Bushiribana Gold Mill Audio Story
The tour begins at the Bushiribana Ruins in Noord, Aruba.
The Bushiribana Ruins were once an abandoned gold mill, and they are significant because they provide insights into the island’s 1800s gold rush and how it transformed Aruba’s history.
The coastal drive covers the history of the Arawak people, the Spanish occupation of Aruba, and the effects of powerful storms on the island.
The tour discusses the many shipwrecks around Aruba and their significance in the island’s history and maritime lore.
The tour includes a stop at a donkey sanctuary, which is a well-liked destination for families.
Visitors can take in breathtaking scenery and take pictures at the Hooiberg Lookout, a rock formation that rises more than 500 feet above sea level.
World War I is discussed in relation to the demise of one of the abandoned gold mills, shedding light on its historical context.
Yes, the tour explains the difference between El Niño and La Niña years and discusses their causes, providing insights into weather patterns in the region.
The best time to start the tour is in the morning, allowing you to enjoy the scenic drive and attractions with ample daylight.
This self-guided driving tour doesn’t have any strict rules. But it’s best to have a reliable car and a smartphone with a tour guide app that is fully charged.
The length of the tour depends on how long you spend at each stop, but it usually takes between 2 and 3 hours to finish.
Yes, the tour can be done in reverse if you prefer to start at the Hooiberg Lookout and end at the Bushiribana Ruins. The tour guide app provides flexibility in navigation.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- App on your phone: A link to download the Action Tour Guide App and Password for your tours.
- Flexible schedule: Use any day, any time. Travel over multiple days or on your next trip within 1 year of your purchase.
- Easy to use: Stories play automatically by GPS. Hands-free. Get HELP all day: Call, Chat, or Email.
- At your own pace: No group. Take breaks for photos/ snacks/hikes. Go at your own pace.
- Offline use: No cell signal or wifi required. Offline GPS Map & route. Stop-to-stop direction.
- Don’t miss a thing: Full itinerary, travel tips, professionally narrated videos, text, and hidden gems.
- Transportation, parking fees, food, and drinks.
- Entry tickets or reservations to any attractions along the route.
- Car Rental: Please arrange a rental car at the closest airport or train station.