Driving / Walking
2 - 3 Hours
One Per Person
At Your Own Pace
Welcome to the Self-Guided Aruba Tour Bundle
Aruba’s home to all sorts of fun and excitement! With options for adventurous explorers, families with small children, and people looking to relax and unwind, no matter what you’re looking to do on your next vacation to the One happy island, you can be rest assured that you’ll find something that strikes your fancy on the Aruba tour! This bundle includes Noord, Santa Cruz, and the Oranjestad Horses Bay tours.
About the Tour
This self-guided audio and GPS tour allows you to explore Aruba Island with maximum flexibility, safety, and value. Hop in your car, get the tour guide app set up on your phone, and get started. All audio plays automatically based on location.
Aruba is a generally flat, riverless island in the Leeward Antilles island arc of the Lesser Antilles in the southern part of the Caribbean. It lies 77 km (48 mi) west of Curaçao and 29 km (18 mi) north of Venezuela’s Paraguaná Peninsula.
Your Aruba tour starts at the California Lighthouse, located at Hudishibana near Arashi Beach on the northwest tip of Aruba. Next up, Boca Catalina bay offers a white sand beach area with some makeshift beach huts to protect you from the sun. The tour has over 100 audio stories, so make sure to take your time to soak in the amazing stories and history of this beautiful island. Some interesting stories include:
- The Casibari Rock Formation is located towards the center of the island north of the Hooiberg. The formation is a tourist attraction, similar to the Ayo Rock Formations. The rocks in the formation are composed of quartz diorite. Evidence of prehistoric rock drawings is still visible at the formation.
- Explore The Gold Mine Ranch History. It was 1824 when gold was first found in Aruba.
- Hooiberg is a 165 m high volcanic formation on the island of Aruba. It is located almost in the center of the island and can be seen from virtually anywhere.
This comprehensive tour includes the following:
- S.S. California
- Marooned with Turtles?
- Catalina Cove
- Spanish Occupation
- Francis Drake vs. the Spanish
- The Dutch and Piracy’s Golden Age
- Pirate Myths and Misconceptions
- Alto Vista Chapel
- Betico Croes: Liberator of Aruba
- Unique Currency: Florin
- Safe Tap Water
- Casibari Rock Formation
- Heading to: Ayo Rock Formation
- Bushiribana Gold Mill
- Natural Bridge & Hurricanes on the High Seas
- Pirate vs. Privateer: What’s the Difference?
- El Nino & La Nina
- Shipwrecks – Antilla
- Donkey Sanctuary
- Franse Pas
- Pirates of Frenchman’s Pass
- Buried Treasure in the Spanish Lagoon
- Balashi Gold Mill
- Beach Sanctuary
- Aruba’s Many Languages
What You'll See
Welcome/ Aruba Noord
Alto Vista Chapel
Casibari Rock Formations
Heading to: Ayo Rock Formation
Welcome/ Aruba Santa Cruz
Bushiribana Gold Mill
Natural Bridge & Hurricanes on the High Seas
Buried Treasure in the Spanish Lagoon
Balashi Gold Mill
Welcome/ Aruba Horses
Preview the Tour
Stop 1 : Welcome
Stop 15 : Alto Vista Chapel
What do we do?
Simply put, Action Tour Guide is an audio guide, map, and tour book – all in one app! We are a GPS-enabled app-based tour that narrates information based on your location right on your phone. You can experience our driving and walking tours at your own pace and literally at any time of the day!
Changing travel date? No worries! All individual tours come with lifetime validity.
No Network Needed
The tour works offline which means you do not need your phone network to enjoy the tour. However, we do suggest you download the tour at your home, hotel, visitor center, etc before you head out for a completely immersive experience.
Not an Entry Ticket
This is not an entry ticket.