1 - 2 Hours
One Per Person
At Your Own Pace
Welcome to the Niagara Falls Tour
Embark on a self-guided walking tour of Niagara Falls, starting with the exhilarating Maid of the Mist & Observation Tower. Experience the raw power and beauty of The Three Falls, including American, Bridal Veil, and Horseshoe Falls. Next, feel the spray at Cave of the Winds Lookout, an up-close encounter with the falls. Pay homage to a pioneer at the Nikola Tesla Monument, then end at Terrapin Point, offering serene views of the cascading waters.
About the Tour
Your Niagara Falls walking tour begins at the Visitor Center Parking Lot, where you’ll uncover the fascinating Formation of Niagara Falls. Next, reflect on history at the Civil War Monument and learn about Annenraes the Warrior. After a left turn at the Ticket Booth, prepare for the awe-inspiring Maid of the Mist & Observation Tower experience.
As you approach Observation Tower, immerse yourself in the history and splendor of The Three Falls – American Falls, Bridal Veil Falls, and Horseshoe Falls. Discover the legend of Lelawala near Iconic Prospect Point, followed by a look into how the falls’ power is harnessed.
Your journey continues through Hell’s Half Acre, revealing the tumultuous past of Niagara Falls City. Uncover the ecological narrative at Literally Toxic and then learn about the fearless Daredevils who braved the falls. Reflect on Frederick Law Olmstead’s influence and explore the serenity of Luna Island.
Visit the Nikola Tesla Monument, a testament to the inventor’s legacy, before experiencing the exhilarating Cave of the Winds Lookout. Delve into the story of The Day the Falls Stood Still, followed by insights into Erosion and Preservation.
Witness the natural phenomenon of The Ice Bridge and the panoramic views from Terrapin Point. Explore the differences between the Canadian Side and American Side, and then discover More Stunts at the Horseshoe Falls. Learn about Niagara Falls and Climate Change, followed by the serene beauty of Three Sisters Islands.
After crossing at the Crosswalk, delve into the legend of The Great Serpent. Your enlightening journey concludes with a comprehensive understanding of this magnificent natural wonder, enriching your experience with history, legend, and natural beauty.
Where to start?
For Best Experience, We recommend Starting From: Niagara Falls Visitor Center Parking Lot, Niagara Falls, NY 14303
How does it work?
- Once you book a tour, you’ll get a text/email with instructions.
- Download the app (while in good wifi/signal) and use your unique password to access your tours.
- To begin touring, go to the starting point and launch the app.
- The audio starts automatically once you reach the starting point. Stick to the tour route & speed limit for the best experience.
- Please note that no one will meet you at the starting point.
What You'll See
Formation of Niagara Falls
Civil War Losses
Annenraes the Warrior
Napoleon + Honeymoon = Niagara?
Maid of the Mist
The Three Falls
Nikola Tesla Monument
Cave of the Winds Lookout
The Day the Falls Stood Still
Erosion and Preservation
The Ice Bridge
Canadian Side vs. American Side
Niagara Falls and Climate Change
Three Sisters Islands
The Great Serpent
Preview The Tour
Yes, it is easy to walk around the Niagara Falls area, with well-marked paths and viewpoints.
Yes, one day is enough to see the main attractions of Niagara Falls, but more time allows for a more leisurely experience.
The best months to visit Niagara Falls are June to August for pleasant weather, but it’s beautiful year-round.
The best way to see Niagara Falls is by taking boat tours like the Maid of the Mist or Hornblower to get up close.
Wear comfortable clothing and layers. Waterproof gear is helpful for boat tours, and sturdy walking shoes are recommended.
Many consider the Canadian side to have the best panoramic views of the falls.
Yes, Niagara Falls is stunning at night when it’s illuminated.
Fireworks are scheduled during the summer months (May to October) but not every night.
The light show at Niagara Falls typically begins at dusk and continues until late in the evening. Times may vary by season.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- App on your phone: A link to download the Action Tour Guide App and Password for your tours.
- Flexible schedule: Use any day, any time. Travel over multiple days or on your next trip within 1 year of your purchase.
- Easy to use: Stories play automatically by GPS. Hands-free. Get HELP all day: Call, Chat, or Email.
- At your own pace: No group. Take breaks for photos/ snacks/hikes. Go at your own pace.
- Offline use: No cell signal or wifi required. Offline GPS Map & route. Stop-to-stop direction.
- Don’t miss a thing: Full itinerary, travel tips, professionally narrated videos, text, and hidden gems.
- Transportation, parking fees, food, and drinks.
- Entry tickets or reservations to any attractions along the route.
- Car Rental: Please arrange a rental car at the closest airport or train station.