4 - 5 Hours
One Per Car
At Your Own Pace
Welcome to the Red Rock Canyon Tour
Discover the awe-inspiring beauty of Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area. This majestic haven has been sculpting the Nevada desert for millions of years, offering striking red sandstone formations, pristine wildlife habitats, and miles of hiking trails that will leave you breathless—spot desert bighorn sheep, wild donkeys, and even wild horses in this unforgettable landscape.
About the Tour
Your Red Rock Canyon Tour begins at the Visitor Center, where you can orient yourself to the vast landscapes and trails that await you.
From there, you’ll head to the rust-colored Calico Hills, where ancient dunes have been sculpted into a breathtaking panorama of ridges and valleys. Find the hidden gem of the Calico Hills Bonus Viewpoint, offering an unrivaled perspective of the park’s geological wonders.
Marvel at the mysterious beauty of the Sandstone Quarry next, a testament to Red Rock’s rich industrial past. Along the way, hear tales of the park’s diverse mammals, from the elusive desert bighorn sheep to the crafty coyotes that call the canyon home.
After that, absorb the rich tapestry of the conservation history of Red Rock Canyon as you venture toward scenic High Point Overlook. Then discover the winding road of human habitation in Red Rock Canyon, from ancient tribes to greedy mining companies.
Soon after, you’ll come across the famous Petroglyph Wall, bearing markings left centuries ago by the earliest inhabitants of this land. Then head to the Ice Box Canyon Trail to cool off in the shadow of towering canyon walls.
Next, find a splash of greenery along the Pine Creek Trail, a favorite route for hikers and bird watchers. Then learn more about the prehistoric beasts who once roamed this landscape and the fossils they left behind.
Finally, you’ll reach Red Rock Canyon Overlook, the perfect place to capture a photo to commemorate your journey. Your tour concludes here.
Where to start?
From Red Rock Canyon Fee Station: Las Vegas, NV 89161
How does it work?
- Once you book a tour, you’ll get a text/email with instructions.
- Download the app (while in good wifi/signal) and use your unique password to access your tours.
- To begin touring, go to the starting point and launch the app.
- The audio starts automatically once you reach the starting point. Stick to the tour route & speed limit for the best experience.
- Please note that no one will meet you at the starting point.
What You'll See
Calico Hills Bonus Viewpoint
Sandstone Quarry Overlook
Mammals of Red Rock Canyon
High Point Overlook
Human History in Red Rock Canyon
Petroglyphs and Pictographs
Ice Box Canyon Trail
Red Rock Wash Overlook
Pine Creek Trailhead
Fossils of the Canyon
The Mojave Desert
Red Rock Canyon Overlook
Preview The Tour
Red Rock Canyon is known for its stunning red rock formations, diverse wildlife, and numerous hiking trails, making it a popular destination for outdoor enthusiasts and nature lovers.
The canyon gets its name from the vibrant red sandstone formations that dominate the landscape.
The Red Rock Canyon Scenic Drive typically takes about 30-45 minutes to drive without stops, but many visitors spend several hours exploring the area.
Yes, the scenic drive offers breathtaking views of the canyon’s geological wonders and is definitely worth experiencing.
The early morning or late afternoon is often recommended for the best lighting and cooler temperatures when visiting Red Rock Canyon.
Yes, the scenic drive is paved, making it accessible to most vehicles.
Red Rock Canyon opens daily at 6:00 AM, but it’s advisable to check the official website for any updates on opening hours.
Yes, the Red Rock Canyon Scenic Drive is a one-way road loop.
Yes, Red Rock Canyon is home to diverse wildlife, including desert tortoises, bighorn sheep, and various bird species.
Yes, the Red Rock Canyon Scenic Drive is worth it for the breathtaking views, photo opportunities, and a chance to experience the desert’s natural beauty.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- App on your phone: A link to download the Action Tour Guide App and Password for your tours.
- Flexible schedule: Use any day, any time. Travel over multiple days or on next trip. Never expires.
- Easy to use: Stories play automatically by GPS. Hands-free. Get HELP all day: Call, Chat, or Email.
- At your own pace: No group. Take breaks for photos/ snacks/hikes. Go at your own pace.
- Offline use: No cell signal or wifi required. Offline GPS Map & route. Stop-to-stop direction.
- Don’t miss a thing: Full itinerary, travel tips, professionally narrated videos, text, and hidden gems.
- Transportation, parking fees, food, and drinks.
- Entry tickets or reservations to any attractions along the route.
- Car Rental: Please arrange a rental car at the closest airport.