3 - 4 Hours
One Per Car
At Your Own Pace
Welcome to the Austin Tour
Uncover the unique charm of Austin, Texas with this self-guided driving tour. Begin in the lively downtown district and wind your way to the laid-back South Congress Avenue, discovering modern skyscrapers, lush green spaces, and quirky local shops along the way. Dive into the city’s rich history, filled with music legends, political milestones, and a distinct Texan culture that resonates through the bustling streets. With its eclectic arts scene, delectable food trucks, and beautiful lakeside views, there’s truly no place like Austin.
About the Tour
Your tour begins in the heart of Austin, the energetic Downtown district. You’ll marvel at the iconic Frost Bank Tower and the historic Texas State Capitol, where politics and culture collide.
From there, you’ll cruise through South Congress Avenue, an eclectic neighborhood brimming with local boutiques, food trucks, and the famous ‘I love you so much’ mural. You’ll dive into the cultural essence of Austin and understand why it’s called the ‘Live Music Capital of the World’.
Next, head to the historic Rainey Street, lined with charming bungalow houses converted into trendy bars. Enjoy stories of the area’s transformation and its now vibrant nightlife scene.
Your tour then leads you to the serene shores of Lady Bird Lake, a reservoir on the Colorado River. Learn about the history and ecological efforts surrounding this much-loved Austin gem.
Further on, you’ll drive through Zilker Metropolitan Park, the crown jewel of Austin’s public green spaces. You’ll learn about its history, the annual events like ACL Music Festival, and its attractions such as Barton Springs Pool.
Your journey continues towards the University of Texas, a leading institution with rich history and vibrant student culture. Get a sense of the college spirit that permeates the city.
As you progress, explore the soulful East Austin district, known for its food scene, art murals, and historic sites like the Texas State Cemetery. Understand the area’s past, present, and future.
Next, visit the Texas State Capitol, a significant symbol of Texas history and politics. Discover how its unique architecture and artifacts tell the story of the Lone Star State.
Lastly, you’ll reach Mount Bonnell, the city’s highest point. Take in the sweeping views of the Austin skyline and the Colorado River. This marks the end of your tour, leaving you with a lasting impression of Austin’s rich culture, history, and natural beauty.
Starting Address: 3800 Mt Bonnell Rd, Austin, TX 78731
Journey Through America’s Southwest Wonders: Embark on an Epic tour
Experience the wonders of the American Southwest on an unforgettable tour. Explore the stunning red rock formations of Sedona, wander through the otherworldly landscapes of the Grand Canyon, and immerse yourself in the rich Native American culture of the region. From the vibrant city lights of Las Vegas to the serene beauty of Zion National Park, this tour will take you on a journey through some of America’s most iconic destinations.
How does it work?
- Once you book a tour, you’ll get a text/email with instructions.
- Download the app (while in good wifi/signal) and use your unique password to access your tours.
- To begin touring, go to the starting point and launch the app.
- The audio starts automatically once you reach the starting point. Stick to the tour route & speed limit for the best experience.
- Please note that no one will meet you at the starting point.
Preview The Tour
The tour starts in Downtown Austin, the vibrant heart of the city.
In Downtown Austin, you’ll see the iconic Frost Bank Tower and the historic Texas State Capitol.
South Congress Avenue is renowned for its eclectic charm and features the famous mural.
Austin is often referred to as the ‘Live Music Capital of the World’.
The tour takes you through Rainey Street, known for its charming bungalow houses converted into bars.
Lady Bird Lake, a reservoir on the Colorado River, is featured on the tour.
Zilker Metropolitan Park is the crown jewel of Austin’s green spaces and hosts events like the ACL Music Festival.
The University of Texas, a leading institution with a rich history and vibrant student culture, is on the tour.
The soulful East Austin district is known for its food, art, and history.
The tour concludes at Mount Bonnell, Austin’s highest point, offering sweeping views of the city skyline and the Colorado River.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- App on your phone: A link to download the Action Tour Guide App and Password for your tours.
- Flexible schedule: Use any day, any time. Travel over multiple days or on your next trip within 1 year of your purchase.
- Easy to use: Stories play automatically by GPS. Hands-free. Get HELP all day: Call, Chat, or Email.
- At your own pace: No group. Take breaks for photos/ snacks/hikes. Go at your own pace.
- Offline use: No cell signal or wifi required. Offline GPS Map & route. Stop-to-stop direction.
- Don’t miss a thing: Full itinerary, travel tips, professionally narrated videos, text, and hidden gems.
- Transportation, parking fees, food, and drinks.
- Entry tickets or reservations to any attractions along the route.
- Car Rental: Please arrange a rental car at the closest airport or train station.