1 - 2 Hours
One Per Person
At Your Own Pace
Where to start?
We strongly recommend starting the tour from either of the locations for the best experience.
Boston Common: Boston Common, 139 Tremont St, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Bunker Hill: Bunker Hill Monument
How does it work?
- Instructions will be sent via text or email once you book the tour.
- You will need to download the app while in an area with good wifi or signal and use your unique password to gain access to your tours.
- When you’re ready to begin, head to the Starting Point and launch the app to start your tour.
- The audio will start automatically, so make sure to stick to the designated tour route and adhere to the speed limit for the optimal experience.
- It’s important to note that no one will greet you at the starting point.
What You'll See
Massachusetts State House
Park Street Church
Granary Burying Ground
The Latin School
Irish Famine Memorial
Old South Meeting House
The Old Corner Bookstore
Old State House
Boston Massacre Site
The Paul Revere House
Old North Church
Copp's Hill Burying Ground
USS Constitution vs. the Guerriere
Bunker Hill Monument
Preview The Tour
The Freedom trail is located in Boston, Massachusetts. It’s a 2.5-mile trail that winds through the city, connecting points of historical interest. It is non-sequential and can be traveled North to South or South to North.
Boston’s Freedom Trail is marked by a red brick or paint line. However, if you choose to use a self-guided walking tour, your trek through Downtown Boston will be even easier.
The Freedom trail is a 2.5 mile route that connects 16 historic sites in the city of Boston. Without stopping, it should take the average person a little over an hour to finish the 2.5 mile route.
The Freedom Trail takes you through the heart of Boston. Passing sixteen historic sites, the Freedom Trail is best enjoyed from May to October and with a good pair of walking shoes.
The Freedom Trail is a 2.5-mile trail that winds its way through the heart of Boston. You can walk the tour solo or with a guided tour.
Pets on leashes or harnesses are welcome on the Bostons’ Freedom Trail. However, many of the historic sites will not allow an animal inside.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- App on your phone: A link to download the Action Tour Guide App and Password for your tours.
- Flexible schedule: Use any day, any time. Travel over multiple days or on next trip. Never expires.
- Easy to use: Stories play automatically by GPS. Hands-free. Get HELP all day: Call, Chat, or Email.
- At your own pace: No group. Take breaks for photos/ snacks/hikes. Go at your own pace.
- Offline use: No cell signal or wifi required. Offline GPS Map & route. Stop-to-stop direction.
- Don’t miss a thing: Full itinerary, travel tips, professionally narrated videos, text, and hidden gems.
- Transportation, parking fees, food, and drinks.
- Entry tickets or reservations to any attractions along the route.
- Car Rental: Please arrange a rental car at the closest airport or train station.