2 - 3 Hours
One Per Car
At Your Own Pace
Welcome to the Canyonlands Tour
About the Tour
Your Canyonlands tour begins at the Moab Giants museum, near the park’s east entrance. From there, you’ll head west into the deep red of the desert, where you’ll find the striking formations of Merrimack and Monitor. Then you’ll head to your first major viewpoint: Big Mesa Viewpoint. Don’t forget to snap some photos for your Instagram!
As you continue past the famous backcountry trail of White Rim Road, you’ll learn all about the invisible life which thrives in this seemingly desolate desert. Next, you’ll get the scoop on the uranium king of Canyonland. No, really!
After that, it’s on to Basin Overlook and some seriously spectacular views of the Colorado River. Dead Horse State Park is past the overlook, home to a legend spooky enough to suit its name. You’ll then enter the national park itself, where the Island in the Sky Visitor Center will be waiting in case you need a break.
Next up is Shafer Canyon Overlook, offering views from not one, not two, but three sides! Then you’ll pass the secluded Lathrop Trail before arriving at Mesa Arch Trailhead, an absolute must-do. Continuing, you’ll come to yet another jaw-dropping overlook, then the totally unique Aztec Butte Trail, which boasts remnants of ancient granaries along its length.
Then there’s Upheaval Dome, the formation of which has stumped geologists! If you haven’t had your fill of overlooks by this point, don’t worry, a half dozen incredible ones are coming up next! Catching sunset at one of these is an experience you won’t soon forget. Finally, you’ll arrive at the immensely popular Grand View Point, where your Canyonlands tour concludes.
Starting Point Address: Moab Giants, 112 UT-313, Moab, UT 84532, USA
Planning your next road trip to Utah?
Get the most out of your Utah experience with this bundle containing 7 National Parks and National Monuments: Arches National Park, Canyonlands National Park, Bryce National park, Capitol Reef National Park, Zion National Park, Monument Valley and Grand Staircase Escalante priced at $35.99. Save 49% on individual tour costs.
How does it work?
- Once you book a tour, you’ll get a text/email with instructions.
- Download the app (while in good wifi/signal) and use your unique password to access your tours.
- To begin touring, go to the starting point and launch the app.
- The audio starts automatically once you reach the starting point. Stick to the tour route & speed limit for the best experience.
- Please note that no one will meet you at the starting point.
What You'll See
Merrimac and Monitor
Big Mesa Viewpoint
Basin Overlook Parking
Dead Horse Point State Park
Island in the Sky Visitor Center
Shafer Canyon Overlook & The Neck
Mesa Arch Trailhead
Green River Overlook
Aztec Butte Trailhead
Candlestick Tower Overlook
Buck Canyon Overlook
White Rim Overlook
Orange Cliffs Overlook
Grand View Point
Preview The Tour
Inclusions and Exclusions
- App on your phone: A link to download the Action Tour Guide App and Password for your tours.
- Flexible schedule: Use any day, any time. Travel over multiple days or on next trip. Never expires.
- Easy to use: Stories play automatically by GPS. Hands-free. Get HELP all day: Call, Chat, or Email.
- At your own pace: No group. Take breaks for photos/ snacks/hikes. Go at your own pace.
- Offline use: No cell signal or wifi required. Offline GPS Map & route. Stop-to-stop direction.
- Don’t miss a thing: Full itinerary, travel tips, professionally narrated videos, text, and hidden gems.
- Transportation, parking fees, food, and drinks.
- Entry tickets or reservations to any attractions along the route.
- Car Rental: Please arrange a rental car at the closest airport or train station.