6 - 7 Hours
One Per Car
At Your Own Pace
Welcome to the Tour of Newport
Explore all of Newport, RI! Experience the iconic Cliff Walk, which winds past famous Gilded Age mansions like The Breakers, The Elms, and Marble House. Then hop into your car and drive down Bellevue Avenue and around Ocean Drive. Learn about the mansions on the Newport mansion tour, Newport’s historical past, and iconic American millionaires like the Vanderbilts and Astors. This tour bundle offers the best value for those looking to get the most out of their Newport, Rhode Island trip. Oh, and if you are wondering, HBO’s latest show ‘The Gilded Age’ was filmed in Newport Mansions.
About the Newport Bundle Tour
Start the tour at the visitor center and explore Newport with a self-guided driving tour. See everything this seaside town has to offer at your own pace as you drive down Bellevue Avenue, known as the “most beautiful avenue in the world,” see and learn about the gorgeous Gilded Age Mansions along the way – including The Breakers, Marble House, The Elms, Rosecliff, Château-Sur-Mer, and more.
Continue along Ocean Drive, featuring breathtaking vistas. Learn about Newport’s historical past and iconic American millionaires like the Vanderbilts and Astors.
Then, park up and stroll along the famous Cliff Walk, which features the raw, untamed, crashing waves of the Atlantic to one side and lavish Gilded Age mansions to the other. This juxtaposition creates one of the most beautiful scenic walks in the world.
Save & Explore – Boston & Newport Walking & Driving Tour Bundle
Discover the best of Boston and Newport with our all-in-one tour bundle. You’ll experience the iconic sights, explore cultural attractions, and save on your visit to both cities. Start planning your trip today and save with our special offer!
Upgrade to Action+
For $99.99, you can upgrade to Action+ Annual Unlimited Subscription with 100+ tours. Use the tours as often as you like during your one-year subscription period. You also get free access to any new tours that come out during the time you are subscribed.
How does it work?
- Once you book a tour, you’ll get a text/email with instructions.
- Download the app (while in good wifi/signal) and use your unique password to access your tours.
- To begin touring, go to the starting point and launch the app.
- The audio starts automatically once you reach the starting point. Stick to the tour route & speed limit for the best experience.
- Please note that no one will meet you at the starting point.
Preview the Tour
Welcome Audio Story
The Gilded Age Audio Story
Welcome Audio Story
Rosecliff Audio Story
Inclusions and Exclusions
- App on your phone: A link to download the Action Tour Guide App and Password for your tours.
- Flexible schedule: Use any day, any time. Travel over multiple days or on next trip. Never expires.
- Easy to use: Stories play automatically by GPS. Hands-free. Get HELP all day: Call, Chat, or Email.
- At your own pace: No group. Take breaks for photos/ snacks/hikes. Go at your own pace.
- Offline use: No cell signal or wifi required. Offline GPS Map & route. Stop-to-stop direction.
- Don’t miss a thing: Full itinerary, travel tips, professionally narrated videos, text, and hidden gems.
- Transportation, parking fees, food, and drinks.
- Entry tickets or reservations to any attractions along the route.
- Car Rental: Please arrange a rental car at the closest airport or train station.