1 - 2 Hours
One Per Person
At Your Own Pace
Welcome to the Kourion tour in Cyprus
With this GPS-enabled tour, you’ll be able to discover the stories behind how these ruins were created—simply by walking along the Cyprus tour.
Kourion’s Golden Age
This self-guided audio and GPS tour begins at the Kourion Archaeological Site entrance. First, you’ll see the House of Eustolios, where one of the city’s most prominent noblemen once lived. Here, you’ll be filled in on the ancient history of Kourion and its significance today.
Next, you’ll visit the amphitheater, where thousands of people once watched theatrical and musical performances. The tour will bring to life what this structure must have looked like when packed by crowds and give you insight into its tremendously tricky construction.
Continuing through the ruins, you’ll hear about Kourion’s Golden Age and the roles of famous figures like Alexander the Great and Ptolemy in its history.
Then, on to the Kourion aqueducts, an architectural marvel among the most advanced technological achievements of its time.
Next, stroll through the Agora, or “gathering place” where bustling markets and assemblies once drew thousands of the city’s residents. Get some insight into the unique architecture of this place before continuing to the Public Baths, once the site of lavish, heated pools where citizens relaxed and conversed with good friends. But the most impressive baths are yet to come. These, you’ll find at the Roman Nymphaeum, built of stunning white marble.
After that, pay a visit to the Gladiator House, which features a mosaic depicting a gladiator battle. Here, you’ll learn the natural history of gladiators and uncover some of the facts behind the myths.
Next up is the House of Achilles, featuring another mosaic depicting the mythical figure of Achilles, who you’ll learn more about at this stop.
Then it’s on to one of the earliest Christian Basilicas, dating back to the fifth century. Believe it or not, the seat of the Pope was once located right here!
As you continue back toward the Visitor Center where you began, you’ll hear about some other key sites to see in the city, including the Temple of Apollo. You’ll also learn about the devastating earthquake that struck Kourion and destroyed this thriving city. Then, listen to the tale of how the city disappeared from memory for centuries before being rediscovered. The tour concludes at the Visitor Center.
Starting Point Address: Κourion Ancient Amphitheater, Cyprus
How does it work?
- Once you book a tour, you’ll get a text/email with instructions.
- Download the app (while in good wifi/signal) and use your unique password to access your tours.
- To begin touring, go to the starting point and launch the app.
- The audio starts automatically once you reach the starting point. Stick to the tour route & speed limit for the best experience.
- Please note that no one will meet you at the starting point.
What You'll See
The House of Eustolios
Stand on the Orchestra
Sit on the Steps
Approaching the Excavations
The Public Baths (Major Baths Complex)
Early Christian House with Triclinium
The House of Achilles
Early Christian Basilica
Kourion's Other Sites
Preview the Tour
Welcome Audio Story
The Amphitheatre Audio Story
Inclusions and Exclusions
- App on your phone: A link to download the Action Tour Guide App and Password for your tours.
- Flexible schedule: Use any day, any time. Travel over multiple days or on next trip. Never expires.
- Easy to use: Stories play automatically by GPS. Hands-free. Get HELP all day: Call, Chat, or Email.
- At your own pace: No group. Take breaks for photos/ snacks/hikes. Go at your own pace.
- Offline use: No cell signal or wifi required. Offline GPS Map & route. Stop-to-stop direction.
- Don’t miss a thing: Full itinerary, travel tips, professionally narrated videos, text, and hidden gems.
- Transportation, parking fees, food, and drinks.
- Entry tickets or reservations to any attractions along the route.
- Car Rental: Please arrange a rental car at the closest airport or train station.