1 - 2 Hours
One Per Person
At Your Own Pace
Welcome to the Little India Walking Tour in Singapore
Little India is also known as ‘Tekka’ by the locals; this is the place to be if you want to eat and dive in a little bit of history. You’ll dive into the heart of this community to understand the diversity that defines both Singapore and India on this Little India walking tour.
About the Tour
Welcome to the professionally-narrated walking tour of Singapore’s Little India! This self-guided audio tour allows you to explore Little India with maximum flexibility and value.
You begin the tour of bustling Little India in Singapore at Little India MRT Station. Then walk towards the Tan Teng Niah’s Colorful Villa. This house is one of the most colorful in the country and is the last remaining example of a historic villa. Be sure to download the Action Tour Guide app beforehand (check your email for the link) so that you can start walking as soon as you arrive. Enter the famous Tan Teng Niah’s Colorful Villa, follow the instructions of the app-based tour, and begin your Little India adventure.
Next, on your Little India walking tour, you’ll see and hear all about the Hindu temples, Christian churches, and Muslim mosques built near each other. You’ll walk by the Sri Veeramakaliamman Temple, a prominent Hindu temple of Little India. Then we’ll explore Foochow Methodist Church, the second oldest church in the Chinese Annual Conference of the Methodist Church in Singapore.
We’ll be walking down Serangoon Road, the main artery of Little India, through Mahatma Gandhi Memorial. The Indian Heritage Centre is a cultural center and museum in Singapore that showcases the culture, heritage, and history of Indian Singaporeans. Then we’ll explore the neighborhood’s shopping hub, varied restaurants, and historic buildings.
Our tour wraps up at Little India Arcade, near the start of the tour.
Starting Point Address: Little India MRT Station, Singapore
How does it work?
- Once you book a tour, you’ll get a text/email with instructions.
- Download the app (while in good wifi/signal) and use your unique password to access your tours.
- To begin touring, go to the starting point and launch the app.
- The audio starts automatically once you reach the starting point. Stick to the tour route & speed limit for the best experience.
- Please note that no one will meet you at the starting point.
What You'll See
Tan Teng Niah’s Colorful Villa
Shree Lakshminarayan Temple
Foochow Methodist Church
Sri Veeramakaliamman Temple
Mahatma Gandhi Memorial
Kampong Kapor Methodist Church
Abdul Gafoor Mosque
Indian Heritage Centre
Komala Vilas Vegetarian Restaurant
Little India Arcade
Preview the Tour
Welcome Audio Story
Tan Teng Niah’s Colorful Villa Audio Story
Inclusions and Exclusions
- App on your phone: A link to download the Action Tour Guide App and Password for your tours.
- Flexible schedule: Use any day, any time. Travel over multiple days or on next trip. Never expires.
- Easy to use: Stories play automatically by GPS. Hands-free. Get HELP all day: Call, Chat, or Email.
- At your own pace: No group. Take breaks for photos/ snacks/hikes. Go at your own pace.
- Offline use: No cell signal or wifi required. Offline GPS Map & route. Stop-to-stop direction.
- Don’t miss a thing: Full itinerary, travel tips, professionally narrated videos, text, and hidden gems.
- Transportation, parking fees, food, and drinks.
- Entry tickets or reservations to any attractions along the route.
- Car Rental: Please arrange a rental car at the closest airport or train station.