2 - 3 Hours
One Per Person
At Your Own Pace
Welcome to the Palitana Tour in Gujarat
Welcome to the narrated offline walking tour of Shatrunjaya in Palitana, Gujarat, one of the most sacred Jain pilgrimages! Now available in English and Gujarati.
Are you ready to turn your phone into a personal tour guide? This app offers a fully-guided experience of Palitana’s Shatrunjaya, just like a local giving you a personalized, turn-by-turn, fully-guided tour.
- Listen during your pilgrimage to Shatrunjay’s summit or as a bhav yatra (virtual trip) from your home.
- Listen to the fascinating, historical, and sacred stories of the shrines along the path and at the main temple complex on the summit.
- The app has nine detailed maps to guide you. It covers 50 major and 50 minor points of interest to ensure that you see every significant point, temple, and shrine.
- Hear the stories of historical and mythical figures of ages past. Understand Jain rituals, hymns, and traditions.
- The climb is 3.5 km/ 2.2 miles from the base in Palitana town and takes approximately 2 hours.
This tour of Palitana Shatrunjaya includes must-see points like:
- Gateway to Salvation (Moksha-dwar)
- Jai Talethi, a Sacred Rock
- The Inner Circle Path
- The Outer Circle Path
- To Jai Taleti
- To Samavasaran
- To Temple of Babu
- To the Shrine of Goddess Saraswati
- Virchandbhai Shah
- A Mother’s Rage on Sukoshal Muni
- Angarsha Pir, Where Faiths Meet
- Bahubali’s Elephant
- Bharat’s Ring
- Breathtaking Shatrunjay River
- Cave Carvings of Krishna’s Sons
- Five shrines & Death of Death
- Footsteps of King Bharat
- Hathi Pol & Changing Rooms
- Hinglaj’s Hado, a Demon’s Dying Wish
- Holy footprints & Eternal names
- Hymn praising Shatrunjay
- Kumar Pond
- Motishah Toonk, Temple Over the Canyon
- Nami Vinami
- Neminath’s temple & the Incomplete Wedding
- Padmavati temple & the Snakes Kingdom
- Ratan Pol & the First Sight of Adinath
- Rest Area & Story of Maru Devi
- Rest area & the Story of the Devoted Elephant
- Sacred Footprints
- Sagal Pol & Restrooms
- Samovasaran, the Majestic Preaching Hall
- Scared Footprints of Three Jinas
- Shantinath Temple & Second Ritual
- Shrine of Sons Taking Up Arms
- Temple of Babu, a Mother’s wish
- Temple of a 100 Pillars
- Waghan Pol, the Tiger Gate
Starting Point Address: Palitana, Gujarat 364270, India
How does it work?
- Once you book a tour, you’ll get a text/email with instructions.
- Download the app (while in good wifi/signal) and use your unique password to access your tours.
- To begin touring, go to the starting point and launch the app.
- The audio starts automatically once you reach the starting point. Stick to the tour route & speed limit for the best experience.
- Please note that no one will meet you at the starting point.
Preview the Tour
Gateway to salvation (Moksha-dwar) Audio Story
Hymn praising Shatrunjay Audio Story
Inclusions and Exclusions
- App on your phone: A link to download the Action Tour Guide App and Password for your tours.
- Flexible schedule: Use any day, any time. Travel over multiple days or on next trip. Never expires.
- Easy to use: Stories play automatically by GPS. Hands-free. Get HELP all day: Call, Chat, or Email.
- At your own pace: No group. Take breaks for photos/ snacks/hikes. Go at your own pace.
- Offline use: No cell signal or wifi required. Offline GPS Map & route. Stop-to-stop direction.
- Don’t miss a thing: Full itinerary, travel tips, professionally narrated videos, text, and hidden gems.
- Transportation, parking fees, food, and drinks.
- Entry tickets or reservations to any attractions along the route.
- Car Rental: Please arrange a rental car at the closest airport or train station.