2 - 3 Hours
Welcome to the Palitana Tour in Gujarat
Welcome to the narrated offline walking tour of Shatrunjaya in Palitana, Gujarat, one of the most sacred Jain pilgrimages! Now available in English and Gujarati.
Are you ready to turn your phone into a personal tour guide? This app offers a fully-guided experience of Palitana’s Shatrunjaya, just like a local giving you a personalized, turn-by-turn, fully-guided tour.
- Listen during your pilgrimage to Shatrunjay’s summit or as a bhav yatra (virtual trip) from your home.
- Listen to the fascinating, historical, and sacred stories of the shrines along the path and at the main temple complex on the summit.
- The app has nine detailed maps to guide you. It covers 50 major and 50 minor points of interest to ensure that you see every significant point, temple, and shrine.
- Hear the stories of historical and mythical figures of ages past. Understand Jain rituals, hymns, and traditions.
- The climb is 3.5 km/ 2.2 miles from the base in Palitana town and takes approximately 2 hours.
This tour of Palitana Shatrunjaya includes must-see points like:
- Gateway to Salvation (Moksha-dwar)
- Jai Talethi, a Sacred Rock
- The Inner Circle Path
- The Outer Circle Path
- To Jai Taleti
- To Samavasaran
- To Temple of Babu
- To the Shrine of Goddess Saraswati
- Virchandbhai Shah
- A Mother’s Rage on Sukoshal Muni
- Angarsha Pir, Where Faiths Meet
- Bahubali’s Elephant
- Bharat’s Ring
- Breathtaking Shatrunjay River
- Cave Carvings of Krishna’s Sons
- Five shrines & Death of Death
- Footsteps of King Bharat
- Hathi Pol & Changing Rooms
- Hinglaj’s Hado, a Demon’s Dying Wish
- Holy footprints & Eternal names
- Hymn praising Shatrunjay
- Kumar Pond
- Motishah Toonk, Temple Over the Canyon
- Nami Vinami
- Neminath’s temple & the Incomplete Wedding
- Padmavati temple & the Snakes Kingdom
- Ratan Pol & the First Sight of Adinath
- Rest Area & Story of Maru Devi
- Rest area & the Story of the Devoted Elephant
- Sacred Footprints
- Sagal Pol & Restrooms
- Samovasaran, the Majestic Preaching Hall
- Scared Footprints of Three Jinas
- Shantinath Temple & Second Ritual
- Shrine of Sons Taking Up Arms
- Temple of Babu, a Mother’s wish
- Temple of a 100 Pillars
- Waghan Pol, the Tiger Gate
Changing travel date? No worries! Your tour is available anytime from the moment you book.
Preview the Tour
Tour Preview Step 1 : Gateway to salvation (Moksha-dwar)
Step 2199 : Hymn praising Shatrunjay
What do we do?
Well simply put, Action Tour Guide is an audio guide, map, and tour book – all in one app! We are a GPS-enabled app-based tour that narrates information based on your location right on your phone.