Per Tour 3 - 5 Hours
One Per Car
Per Tour: 40+ miles
Per Tour: 50+ Stories
At Your Own Pace
Welcome to the Appalachian Mountain Tour
Discover the beauty of the Appalachians with this bundle of tours in Shenandoah, the Great Smoky Mountains, Cades Cove, and the Blue Ridge Parkway. These natural gems, formed over millions of years, offer beautiful vistas, lush forests, and wildlife-rich habitats. See whispering waterfalls, peaceful valleys, and even historic homes preserved from the 1800s. Plus, hear all about the history, people, and legends of these amazing places.
The bundle includes the following tours:
- Great Smoky Mountains
- Cades Cove
- Blue Ridge Parkway
About the Tours
Great Smoky Mountains Tour
Explore the Great Smoky Mountains National Park and discover why it’s the most visited National Park in the country! Tour these famous mountains while learning about Cherokee history and legends, Appalachian life, and much more. We’ll point you to all the best spots to take in the timeless wonders of the mountains. There’s no better way to see Clingman’s Dome, Cades Cove, or Rainbow Falls than on the Smoky Mountains tour!
Cades Cove Tour
Discover gorgeous natural scenery and rich history at Cades Cove, one of the most popular destinations in the Smoky Mountains. This scenic loop packs a ton of sights into a small space. Check out sparkling waterfalls, lush hiking trails, and historic churches all in one place! Plus, learn the fascinating history behind this cove, including how the Civil War once threatened to tear it apart.
Blue Ridge Parkway Scenic Drive Tour
Experience the beautiful southeast along the Blue Ridge Parkway! Cruise from the edge of the Great Smokies National Park to Shenandoah on this scenic highway bathed in blue mist. Snap photos from jaw-dropping overlooks, spot incredible wildlife, and uncover the fascinating history and legends of the Cherokee as you drive. This self-guided driving tour reveals the parkway’s best sites and their hidden history! Begin your tour in Cherokee, Asheville, Roanoke, or Afton, and drive in either direction.
Shenandoah National Park Tour
Take a scenic drive through Virginia’s verdant wilderness with this self-guided tour. Stop to snap photos from breathtaking overlooks along Skyline Drive—hike portions of the famous Appalachian Trail. Find out how this wild, remote place isn’t entirely what it seems. Plus, learn the history of Shenandoah National Park’s earliest inhabitants, from the Six Nations to the Iroquois Wars and beyond. This easy, picturesque drive is one you won’t soon forget!
How does it work?
- Once you book a tour, you’ll get a text/email with instructions.
- Download the app (while in good wifi/signal) and use your unique password to access your tours.
- To begin touring, go to the starting point and launch the app.
- The audio starts automatically once you reach the starting point. Stick to the tour route & speed limit for the best experience.
- Please note that no one will meet you at the starting point.
Preview The Tour
The Appalachian Mountain Tour bundle includes tours of the Great Smoky Mountains, Cades Cove, Blue Ridge Parkway, and Shenandoah National Park. Each tour offers unique insights into the natural beauty, history, and legends of these stunning regions.
To access these tours, you can use the Action Tour Guide app on your smartphone or other mobile devices. Simply download the app, select the tour you want to take, and follow the audio and GPS-guided instructions as you explore.
You have the flexibility to choose which tours you’d like to take within the bundle. You can select and explore the ones that interest you the most, allowing you to customize your Appalachian Mountain experience.
Yes, each tour typically has a recommended starting point, and the app will provide directions to that location. However, you can often start the tour from various points within the designated areas.
The duration of each tour can vary, but most are designed to be completed in 3-5 hours, depending on how much time you wish to spend at each stop and any optional activities you choose.
The best time to take these tours can vary depending on your preferences. Summer offers lush landscapes, while fall provides stunning foliage. Spring showcases blooming flora, and winter offers a unique perspective.
Yes, these tours are generally suitable for a wide range of ages and interests, making them a great option for families and individuals looking to explore the Appalachian Mountains and learn about their rich history and natural beauty.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- App on your phone: A link to download the Action Tour Guide App and Password for your tours.
- Flexible schedule: Use any day, any time. Travel over multiple days or on your next trip within 1 year of your purchase.
- Easy to use: Stories play automatically by GPS. Hands-free. Get HELP all day: Call, Chat, or Email.
- At your own pace: No group. Take breaks for photos/ snacks/hikes. Go at your own pace.
- Offline use: No cell signal or wifi required. Offline GPS Map & route. Stop-to-stop direction.
- Don’t miss a thing: Full itinerary, travel tips, professionally narrated videos, text, and hidden gems.
- Transportation, parking fees, food, and drinks.
- Entry tickets or reservations to any attractions along the route.
- Car Rental: Please arrange a rental car at the closest airport or train station.